Explain to me what I put in for meal size

Options
I made a chicken mango salad. I went in and added all the ingredients to my lunch portion then remembered that meal. I estimate that it makes six cups total. So would I divide 100 by 6 which would be 16 so then I would put in .16 for my lunch??? I feel so silly but I really want to accurately put in what I am eating!! Thanks alot!

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken mango salad. I went in and added all the ingredients to my lunch portion then remembered that meal. I estimate that it makes six cups total. So would I divide 100 by 6 which would be 16 so then I would put in .16 for my lunch??? I feel so silly but I really want to accurately put in what I am eating!! Thanks alot!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Correct divide it out .....I do the same thing dont feel silly ...your just taking control of your portions...when we slip up with that ...thats when we fall back into bad habits..good luck:drinker:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The whole salad, 6 servings, only had 100 cals??? There's a great website that I use to figure the calories in my homemade meals: http://caloriecount.about.com/
    You go under Foods, select new recipe in the drop-down. You can then enter all of the ingredients and get the total calories, or cals per serving, depending on how you enter it. Good Luck!:smile:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The salad had black beans, mango, chicken, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Not much to it :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Before you divided it into servings, it had 100 calories total?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The salad had black beans, mango, chicken, corn, cilantro and lime juice. Not much to it :)

yeah, anything with black beans and mango, ain't gonna be 100 cals for 6 servings unless there is only like 1 bean per serving.