Young Mother of 3

Options
Hi my name is Jackie, from Saskatchewan, Canada. I need to loose 100 pounds. I am finding it difficult because I have 3 young kids. 4, 2 and 8m. It is so much easier if I just eat what they eat. Any idea's ladies?

Replies

• jsbartel
    jsbartel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jackie, from Saskatchewan, Canada. I need to loose 100 pounds. I am finding it difficult because I have 3 young kids. 4, 2 and 8m. It is so much easier if I just eat what they eat. Any idea's ladies?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome.:flowerforyou:
    I suggest making a change for the whole family. Never too young to start healthy habits:flowerforyou:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I have 100 plus to lose too so dont feel bad , U can do it .... I am going to lose 170 I hope and so far my whole family is eating 100% healthier.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. It is good to have you join us.
    :flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    I know how you feel I have 3 kids 6 2 and 17mnths I am trying to get them to eat healthy by offering fruit instead of cookies etc they also eat a lot of cheese as snacks but is so hard trying to diet when you
    have treats in the cupboard for the kids. My kids are really active so they do need high fat etc to keep them going so we now go for bananas pears apples and cheese with the occasional bag of cheese crackers and cookies having the healthy options in the house is easier not so tempting my husband is quite good he will treat the kids at the weekend to a bar of choc but they walk to the shop and eat it on the way home so all I have to deal with is the choccy fingers and the rubbish.

For exercise I have just started when you pick up their toys do it 1 toy at a time and walk back and forward to toy boxes etc try adding some squats in when putting the toys away I know with my little ones they have everything out every day and it makes a nice 15min workout tidying up.

Good luck I hope you reach your goals
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jsbartel
    jsbartel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The kids eat healthy...it just when your in a rush and you make mac and cheese and hotdogs. That's the hard part. Those quick unhealthy meals.....chicken nuggets, noodles.....umm. ha ha But I know this is a lifestyle change I have to make. I am so happy I found this website, it helps so much to track what you eat. Yah my husband, can chow down 3 chocolate bars and not gain a single pound. Where is everyone from? It is too cold out here to walk anywhere but to the car. ha ha
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site,

I am from Grayslake, IL (Chicagoland) and it is scary cold here as well. We went to a concert last night and thought we would freeze just walking to the car.

As I started counting calories, I just started eating healthy because you know you have only so many calories that day and you want to make sure your body gets the nutrients it needs.

Remember to take the time to do this for yourself and make your meals just for you. Because the time you take for yourself is giving your kids the Mom who will shows them how to eat healthy for life.

It will be time consuming to start, but once you get into the swing of it, it will come automatically.

Stay warm,

Connie Lynn