For those w/ HRM's do you........

Options
2»

Replies

• gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes, I turn it on right before I begin the warm-up and don't stop it until I am completely done.

This. Same here
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Warm up and cool down are part of my workout, so yes, I have it on for then.. I don't keep it on until my heart rate goes back to rest though, I stop it when my stretching is complete.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Put it on when I start working out and take it off when I am done, I let it run from start to finish {warm-up too cool down}.
  • jasonrochon
    Options
    I'm such a Newb. I couldn't figure out all these acronyms :D:D:D
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I check what my heart rate is before I start the workout-- after getting into work out clothes, getting shoes on, getting my HRM strapped on, etc. It's usually around 100-110. I stop it after the workout once I hit that number again. It's usually within a minute or two.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My 'zone' is 130-180, so I usually will stop it as soon as my heart dips below 120, sometimes once it goes under 100 :)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Im going to be looking into getting my own (since santa didnt bring me one) Any suggestions. Im just getting back to working out and am not in great shape. But Id like to be better aware of my heart rate during my exericse since my heart palpitates from the side effects of thyroid issues. Id like to get a good workout without my heart suddenly deciding to beat outta my chest causing me to stop.

I use a FT4 Polar HRM. I love it. It's so easy to use. Plus it's simple and keeps track of your target HR zone, cals burned, length of workouts. Easy set up to.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies!! I was not ALWAYS wearing mine during cool downs, but I will definitely be starting this on a regular basis. :-)
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    What's great about wearing it during cooldowns is seeing how much more cals you are burning after an intense workout! Pretty cool.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yup, wear it during warm up, session, cool down, and stretching.

I also use a Polar FT4 and really like it.
  • Foxenfun1
    Options
    Where do you all purchase the Polar equipment? Thank you. I'm new to this and totally awed at everyones success and committment!!!!!