are you kiddin me!!??

Options
okay so here is the scenario...imagine a 313 pound woman heading to her mailbox (no don't really not a pretty pic lol). I open the mailbox and find that my Jillian Micheals 30 day shred video has been delivered, yay! :bigsmile: I begin to do the happy dance until the ups guy drives past and honks his horn, then I slunk in the house embarassed off my butt lol, :blushing: :blushing: get back inside and the excitement builds again, as soon as hubby gets home, I rip the dvd open and pop it in, I grab my mat and get ready to SHRED...gets through all the talking, now it's onto the main menu, when I realize......my VCR/DVD combo remote has been lost and the stupid thing doesn't have arrows on the unit itself to pick options, :mad: so I try to restrain myself from punching the VCR/DVD combo :explode: but I am so upset. So, I grab a hoodie and put on my running shoes (not that I've ever ran in them but running sounds so good), grab my MP3 player and I'm out the door. I get to the end of the driveway and it begins to pour...are you serious...yes, yes I am. :grumble: So, I say screw it and keep walking, the more I walk the harder it rains. I keep going and eventually get in a 30 minute walk..I return home looking like a drowned rat (a very large rat but nevertheless a rat) but by gosh the exercise Gods now know not to mess with a fat girl on a mission!!! Btw, I plan on buying a universal remote this weekend!!
Have a great day!!

Replies

• plussizemommy
    Options
    okay so here is the scenario...imagine a 313 pound woman heading to her mailbox (no don't really not a pretty pic lol). I open the mailbox and find that my Jillian Micheals 30 day shred video has been delivered, yay! :bigsmile: I begin to do the happy dance until the ups guy drives past and honks his horn, then I slunk in the house embarassed off my butt lol, :blushing: :blushing: get back inside and the excitement builds again, as soon as hubby gets home, I rip the dvd open and pop it in, I grab my mat and get ready to SHRED...gets through all the talking, now it's onto the main menu, when I realize......my VCR/DVD combo remote has been lost and the stupid thing doesn't have arrows on the unit itself to pick options, :mad: so I try to restrain myself from punching the VCR/DVD combo :explode: but I am so upset. So, I grab a hoodie and put on my running shoes (not that I've ever ran in them but running sounds so good), grab my MP3 player and I'm out the door. I get to the end of the driveway and it begins to pour...are you serious...yes, yes I am. :grumble: So, I say screw it and keep walking, the more I walk the harder it rains. I keep going and eventually get in a 30 minute walk..I return home looking like a drowned rat (a very large rat but nevertheless a rat) but by gosh the exercise Gods now know not to mess with a fat girl on a mission!!! Btw, I plan on buying a universal remote this weekend!!
    Have a great day!!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!!! You WERE on a mission!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    When it rain it pours! I'm proud of you for not giving up!!! You go girl!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Have a great day!!

Girl, AWESOME.
    That is motivation, refusing to accept defeat.
    Missing remote? Rain? Just small pot holes along the way.
    You've showed them who is stronger.
    Keep up this momentum, you will be slim and trim in no time!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    Glad that you were able to take a negative situation and turn it into a positive!! I sometimes love walking in the rain - gives me purpose!!!:laugh:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    You're hilarious! Sorry things got messed up but hey u deal and move on girl. GOOD FOR YOU! You have turned it into an inspiring funny story.......telling us never give up where there is a will there's a way! You go girl.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Have a great day!!

Heya dont wait till the weekend slide all your stuff out of the way and put the dvd in your computer!!:drinker:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was going to skip my walk today just because I didn't feel like it. Now I am going to do it because you inspire me.
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    plussizemommy--you crack me up! That story was hilarious. And I can just imagine how frustrated you were. A little story for you, about our own loss of remote this week:

My kids (all 5) have always enjoyed watching TV after school. Well, the other day we lost our dish remote and so NO TV. No TV=BOREDOM! My kids were pretty bummed but decided to have fun the old-timey way, by playing imagination games together--which naturally devolved into running around like ninnies. First night, (7 1/2 year old) daughter slams into a metal bedframe while running around with a blanket on her head--breaks her nose. The next night my oldest (13) son chases 2nd oldest (10) son around the room and the 10 year old falls and in breaking his fall, manages to break and dislocate his pinky finger. Moral of the story:

1. NEVER lose your remote and

2. TV is GOOD for the health of my children (no matter what all those studies say).
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I needed that laugh! Thanks!
  • JimWyatt
    Options
    GREAT Job!!! If you keep that committment and determination, there will be NO stopping you from reaching your weight and fitness goals! You GO Girl!!

Very inspiring! :happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you. What determination!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with the dvd/vcr when I tried my 30 day shred the first time!!! Let me tell you, I TORE up this house looking for the remote. It is now ver safe and secure on the entertainment center and hasn't moved except for when I use it for the video!!!!

Memaw
  • beckbeck1
    Options
    THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! Good job! :)
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Your persistance will definitely pay off. I am glad that you are keeping your since of humor. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with the dvd/vcr when I tried my 30 day shred the first time!!! Let me tell you, I TORE up this house looking for the remote. It is now ver safe and secure on the entertainment center and hasn't moved except for when I use it for the video!!!!

Memaw

:laugh: i wonder how many calories you burned looking for that remote! :laugh:
  • beagle595
    Options
    You did 2 wonderful things.. relieved your stress and got some healthy exercise. Funny story thanks!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Have a great day!!

i think its safe to say you go down in history for the 'most determined to work out woman'! this story is funny, sorry but really it is!, and it is also AMAZINGLY inspirational. i bet 99% of us would have given up at some point, but geez woman! you ROCK!!! :drinker:
  • Huyvee999
    Huyvee999 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That was a GREAT Story...... LOVE THE "you cant stop me " attitude.
    Congrats keep it up!
    :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I would like to say way to go on the exercise. I have the 30day shred and love it.