Sausage Cheese Muffins

Options
I made these today (the recipe was hiding in my overflowing cookbook!) and had forgotten how yummy they are, as well as easy to make!!

Sausage Cheese Muffins

1 pound sausage (like Jimmy Dean)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
3 cups baking mix

OPTIONAL: 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown sausage and drain if necessary. In large mixing bowl, combine sausage, soup, and milk. Stir thoroughly. Add baking mix and combine. (Add shredded cheese now if you'd like)

Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes. Can be eaten hot or cold. I was able to make 24 muffins with this recipe.

You can spice it up by using spicier sausage (I used plain) or add some canned green chilis to the mix.

Replies

• kaklos
    kaklos Posts: 13
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    looks very good :love:
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump!
  • BrittyBras13
    BrittyBras13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How many calories per muffin?
  • Taratrip
    Options
    what is baking mix? something like bisquick?
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of baking mix or cheese soup. But I do have a ton of turkey sausages sitting in my freezer
  • kittyforet
    Options
    yes, Bisquick. :)
  • kittyforet
    Options
    Baking mix is Bisquick.
    The cheese soup is from Campbell's....condensed cheddar cheese soup. I've never seen it from a generic or store brand, only from Campbells.
  • kittyforet
    Options
    I entered the ingredients into MFP and this is what it's showing:

114 calories per muffin
    5.8 g fat
    3.7 g protein

This is using Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cheese Soup, Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix, Jimmy Dean All Natural Regular Pork Sausage, and skim milk
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've made a variation of this that used cream cheese and a little cheddar. It was very yummy! Although, if you use cream cheese, try to break it up. If a lump stays in the mix, it gets all hot and melty, which tastes good, but it is also easy to burn your mouth on.