NSV - the gym

Options
I went to the gym today for the first time! Yay me! but thats not the best part. I met with a trainer today and did a "fitness assessment" At the end of it all he suggested I train with him twice weekly for 4 months and I would be healthy! Healthy because my number one goal is to be healthy. The weight loss is a bonus.

Anyway, training with the personal trainer twice weekly for four months for a whopping $49 per session. If you do the math its $1764. To make it worse, its only good at that price if you're a "new" member. You are only considered a new member for 3 days. After 3 days of being a member it goes up to $75 per session.

Ba ha ha ha ha!!!

Replies

• buckeyetex315
    buckeyetex315 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting to the gym! That is something I need to do, but am having a hard time scheduling with my commute to / from work and spending time with my family.

Just hearing that you went has helped motivate me, though. Going to try to head to the gym tonight.
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    Congrats on joining the gym!

I know how difficult it can be to take the first steps! I think the first steps are by far the hardest! So did you decide to sign up with the trainer?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first BIG step, now just keep your focus. Stick to your schedule, keep going back, don't let anything else in your life stand in your way. People will try to make you feel stupid for scheduling your life around going to the gym. Well they'll be the fools in the end. Just stick to it, build your determination and just keep going back!! You CAN do this and you WILL be successful, don't let anyone convince you otherwise (even yourself).