"on the go" breakfast idea?

Options
I need some suggestions for quick "on the go" healthy breakfast ideas. I work and usually do not have a lot of time in the mornings. I am in the car a lot as my job is traveling from school to school to see students for therapy. I need quick grab and go ideas for the morning. I have fixed hard boiled eggs, breakfast bars, and dry cereals but I would like a variety. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies

• donice
    donice Posts: 17
    Options
    I need some suggestions for quick "on the go" healthy breakfast ideas. I work and usually do not have a lot of time in the mornings. I am in the car a lot as my job is traveling from school to school to see students for therapy. I need quick grab and go ideas for the morning. I have fixed hard boiled eggs, breakfast bars, and dry cereals but I would like a variety. Any ideas? Thanks
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Can you premake some low cal breakfast burritos the night before, nuke them the morning of so you can eat on your drive?
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Same idea as the burritos but do an egg sandwich, scramble an egg and toast a whole wheat english muffing @ night then just nuke it in the AM. I like to add salsa to my egg so it gives it a kick.

Or make smoothies on the go.

:drinker:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana. You should always combine a carb with a protein. It will keep you feeling more full longer.:happy: :happy:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    On Sunday nights I make a Vegge Frittata. I put it in tupperware containers for each day of the week. Then I just have to heat it up in the mornings.

I've done this with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon too. Cooked the night before. :drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I grab a banana and a yogurt cup and use the banana like my spoon! I can even do this on an elliptical machine...if I have to! :happy:
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    If you have a slow cooker, there are recipes for cooking oatmeal overnight. South beach diet brand has individual cups of lowfat cottage cheese (sold in 4 pack) that you can have w/ a piece of fruit. A lowfat yogurt mixed with the cottage cheese is good too. Multigrain toast w/ a Tbsp of peanut butter and a banana.
  • donice
    donice Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for all the good suggestions!!:wink:
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Hi! My new favorite fast breakfast is a container of fat free yogurt and 1/2 cup of bear naked almond vanilla granola. OMG! It's like dessert for breakfast.