smoothie ideas??

Options
OK to make a long story short, my mom is giving me a blender....never used a blender in my life...so what can I make in it. I know you make smoothies, but how do i make them, i need some recipes here people!! pleaseeeee :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• plussizemommy
    Options
    OK to make a long story short, my mom is giving me a blender....never used a blender in my life...so what can I make in it. I know you make smoothies, but how do i make them, i need some recipes here people!! pleaseeeee :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    I prefer simple smoothies.

1/2 c. Frozen blue berries
    1 banana
    1 1/2 c. orange juice
    Toss it in the blender till smooth.

That's my favorite!

BTW- If your getting into making smoothies, I highly suggest using frozen fruit. It stays fresh so much longer, makes the consistency of the smoothie tasty and cold, as well as costing a whole lot less than certain fresh fruits (usually blueberries, strawberries, peaches, and mango). If you're not using frozen fruit, I would include a couple ice cubes in the blender. :drinker:

Enjoy!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    After a strength training workout (or any workout) I mix 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder with 1 cup skim milk and one cup ice. I also add in some fruit (if I have it---banana, strawberries, blueberries, etc...) and blend. You get the protein for your muscles, it's good for you, it tastes good and you feel full!:drinker:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I love adding some cucumber and or spinich to my smoothies. The Cucumber gives it a really fresh flavor and goes well in most fruit smoothies. A ripe banana also makes it a little sweeter without having to add sugar.
  • ren25
    ren25 Posts: 58
    Options
    The smoothies I make are

1 Cup of Europes Best Frozen Fruit (any kind of fruit mix)
    1 Activa Yogurt
    About 1/3 cup milk (1%)
    About 1 tbsp of tofu.

Its a great way to start the morning.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    these sound yummy, gooing gto have to make them as i have no good smoothie recipes either

Thanks
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    When I was in a hurry and made smoothies at breakfast, I used to just put about 1/2 cup frozen berries (the triple berry mix) and 1/2 cup milk in and blend - quick, easy and delish!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I have a question to add to this.....i FINALLY decided to use my magic bullet!hahahaha..and bought the europes best berry mix...I used that,activia(vanilla),2 ince cubes and skim milk.....it LOOKED really good, but had very very little taste!!! Booo..I thought it would be all fruity and delicious.....:( what can I do to give it flavor without adding anything unhealthy to it?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I normally do 2/3 cup of frozen strawberries, 2/3 cup of frozen peaches and a cup of light silk vanilla. --it's fabulous
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OH, check out this thread.. Mangoaddict starts with a peanut butter and banana smoothie - which is to die for.. then CristAmy added chocolate soy milk ..

OMG - like heaven in a cup..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/34454-peanut-butter-smoothie
  • ren25
    ren25 Posts: 58
    Options
    MTGirl I use activa, peach or strawberry yogurt. so it gives some good taste.