Just Say No NSV

Options
I am so proud of myself... I have been turning down foods that I used to have major weaknesses for. Tonight I made homemade mac and cheese for my hubby and kids while I had a super- healthy chicken, veggie stir- fry. Then, my neighbor brought over freshly baked, warm chocolate chip cookies that are just sitting on the counter, and I haven't had any!!!!

Replies

• Yariemar
    Yariemar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nice attitude!!! I also refuse to eat some boston cream donuts today at dinner.
  • compscidood
    Options
    Wow! Great willpower!
  • scott1981
    scott1981 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You turned down warm cookies?!?!?! That's amazing! I've doe pretty well but that's a tough one. It's why I never bake any more. WTG!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself... I have been turning down foods that I used to have major weaknesses for. Tonight I made homemade mac and cheese for my hubby and kids while I had a super- healthy chicken, veggie stir- fry. Then, my neighbor brought over freshly baked, warm chocolate chip cookies that are just sitting on the counter, and I haven't had any!!!!
    I'd have lapped that stuff up...lol

That's like one dog waiting for another....
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    GO YOU!
  • ymvestal
    Options
    What is NSV?

Non Scale Victory
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! (and NSV stands for non- scale victory):smile:
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Fresh baked cookies are so damn inviting too!
  • RobinLoren
    Options
    I have surprised myself this Christmas and turned down a lot of bad food! Everyone has been giving me cookies and chocolate and I keep passing them on. I even had a small plate at christmas and did not get seconds. I treated myself to a small slice of pie but still stayed within my calorie count. Way to go!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I would have had a bite of one, at the very least! Then would have thrown the rest out or given it to my boyfriend (don't you love being able to palm food off to the other half! lol) Super strong will power!!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have found its best to abstain from all goodies(for me).. one bite im done..great nsv for ya!
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Excellent.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, why not feed your husband and kids the healthy stir-fry? I'm not one of those people who doesn't believe in occasional treats, and I don't want to start a war here, but why should you have to cook twice when what you're eating is healthier anyway?
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    Out of curiosity, why not feed your husband and kids the healthy stir-fry? I'm not one of those people who doesn't believe in occasional treats, and I don't want to start a war here, but why should you have to cook twice when what you're eating is healthier anyway?

I have a house full of picky eaters, so I cook in bulk so I can use leftovers to save time. I also make my food a little later, because I am up late, and I like to sit and have a relaxing dinner after my three kids go to bed.
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It feels great when you're strong enough to resist, doesn't it?! (It there was a high 5 smiley I'd add it here.)
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    It feels great when you're strong enough to resist, doesn't it?! (It there was a high 5 smiley I'd add it here.)

Thanks! And it really does feel great, very empowering!