Halfway done, With pics

Options
HALFWAY!!!!
halfway.png

I started my weight loss goal back when I was 290 pounds, realizing that if I didn't get it under control, my life would be at stake. No doctor told me this, family (sadly) never commented, and my previous girlfriends had never had an issue - I just realized that at 23, I should be in the prime of my life.
Me at 290:
290.jpg?t=1325121187
290-2.jpg
290-3.jpg

So I woke up one day and decided that I wanted change, and that I needed to get it under control. I started just dieting on my own, without any plan for change. Eventually, I reached 260, but bounced back to 275, as I splurged thinking "it's okay, got through this before"
Me at 275:
275.jpg
275-2.jpg

Once I got back to 275, I realized that I couldn't do it on my own, and started searching the App store for something to help me count calories. By magic, I came across the MFP app, went to the website, and realized how great it is. Using MFP, I have fallen to 215, and am looking to keep going

Me at 230/225 (early school year, I am not sure the dates, but you can see the change (not in weight per say, but in how the weight appears, there is muscle growth):
230.jpg?t=1325121070
230-2.jpg
230-4.jpg?t=1325121146

Please excuse my dog's alien eyes from the flash
230-3.jpg?t=1325121106

Me at 220 (thanksgiving, nothing more current, as I hate self-shots):
220.jpg?t=1325120991
modern.jpg?t=1325121904

Now, I am only halfway to my goal (180), but it is time to start changing my method. Instead of merely trying to lose weight (the additional 35 needed), I am also looking to tone (so end with a higher fat loss, but add muscle mass), and am starting to workout with weights.
My goal with this post is two-fold: The first is that I have fallen off the wagon, and hopefully seeing all the pictures will help me get back on; the second is that I would love for my journey to help anybody who is in the same boat... (also, will be updating monthly with more images, I wish I had more from along the way)

Replies

• laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! the only problem is .. ooooh, is that an Ohio state jersey I see?? I'm a die-hard badger fan .. maybe soon you'll be too thin to fit into it!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • rh009
    rh009 Posts: 14
    Options
    congratulations! you look great!
  • whalertly
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words
    Laurahutch21 - yeah, I already replaced it with a smaller version (also, kick some Oregon butt)
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    You look great! :smile:
  • whalertly
    Options
    You look great! :smile:

THANKS
  • Myndmelt
    Myndmelt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good job man. I love the shot from Nationwide Arena. I cant wait to check that arena out. I wanted to go on NYE when the Blue Jackets play my Caps #GOCAPS but it just didn't work out. Maybe next year. But good work, keep it up.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not too sure about the Ohio State thing either (Badger fan here too) but damn fine job you've done so far brother!! Keep it going you'll hit that 180 goal before you know it. Congratulations on the progress!!
  • whalertly
    Options
    Myndmelt - thanks, that picture was actually from the other day, no idea why I have it under older (wasn't really thinking). I'll be at that game, but don't worry, we won't win (lol)

Intechpc - congratcs on finishing yours (based on ticker). Thanks for the encouragment, and Go Bucks and Badgers (only on the 2nd)
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job so far. When I fall off the wagon I go back to what got me this far...MFP friends. Stay connected and accountable. I keep track of those ahead of me and behind me. I strive to catch up and refuse to let the ones behind me catch up to my loss. Pretty simplistic but it works for me. I do enjoy the occasional deviation into a night of debauchery and I pay for it over the next 3 days.
    You're young, stay that way. I spent 30 years not participating fully in life, you've changed your path early, stay the course it's worth it. Good Luck, keep doing what you're doing.
  • whalertly
    Options
    Great job so far. When I fall off the wagon I go back to what got me this far...MFP friends. Stay connected and accountable. I keep track of those ahead of me and behind me. I strive to catch up and refuse to let the ones behind me catch up to my loss. Pretty simplistic but it works for me. I do enjoy the occasional deviation into a night of debauchery and I pay for it over the next 3 days.
    You're young, stay that way. I spent 30 years not participating fully in life, you've changed your path early, stay the course it's worth it. Good Luck, keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you - this is one of my biggest fears, that after Law School I will get stuck in a rut, and not have time or energy to lose the weight. I need to get it off now, as maintaining is far easier than losing.
    I love your method, it isn't as much a self-discipline requirement, as a competition. That is a great way to think about it, as we all have that drive to win, so it helps us along

You're loss so far is quite impressive, don't sell yourself short. Frankly, you're pretty inspiring yourself
  • lupie007
    lupie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you are doing an amazing job! Don't worry about falling off the wagon....we all do from time to time and the holidays are an exceptionally difficult time to keep the weight off. The New Year is approaching and I'm sure you'll have a new found sense of strength and determination to become the best version of you that you can be. :) I look forward to seeing you meet your goals and be sure to post more pics of your journey. The rest of us always need some inspiration from time to time! :) Best of luck to you!
  • whalertly
    Options
    you are doing an amazing job! Don't worry about falling off the wagon....we all do from time to time and the holidays are an exceptionally difficult time to keep the weight off. The New Year is approaching and I'm sure you'll have a new found sense of strength and determination to become the best version of you that you can be. :) I look forward to seeing you meet your goals and be sure to post more pics of your journey. The rest of us always need some inspiration from time to time! :) Best of luck to you!

Thank you so much, I hope that I can help inspire in any way I can lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!