Need fashion tips for hiding 15 lbs holiday weight gain

Options
I have gained 15 + lbs this holiday season which is a major setback since I just recently lost 50 lbs. :( I had a family tragedy that I can put some of the blame on, so I am trying not to be too hard on myself.

I plan on getting back on track to lost this 15 plus the remaining 30 I have to lose, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to hide this 15 lbs? It is so embarrassing for me. I gained it mostly in my stomach.

For what its worth, I am female, 38, and I have some New Years parties to get through this week/weekend.

Thanks in advance. :(

Replies

• ConsciousGirl
    Options
    Don't wear anything too loose or tight, it only makes a person look bigger. Wear your correct size.
    Avoid horizontal stripes, they give an illusion of being wider. Think vertical instead.
    Don't wear anything to short because it cuts at the place where one's legs are biggest.
    Emphasise your strongest features through colour or patterns. This detracts attention away from problem areas.
    Avoid flimsy fabrics
    Wear darker colours.

But most of all, be confident and not self-conscious. Enjoy spending time with your friends to the full extent!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Spanx. :smile:
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Are there any good "off" brands of spanks that I could get before the weekend? I have penneys, sears, walmart, kmart near me?
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Are there any good "off" brands of spanks that I could get before the weekend? I have penneys, sears, walmart, kmart near me?

I think you can find similar things at those stores.....probably even Wal-Mart.
  • RobinLoren
    Options
    You can definitely find them in most underwear sections. Each store will have a different brand but they are essentially the same thing.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    target has sara blakely's assets. she's the one that created spanx, so it's her line for target.