Watermelon Ecstasy Smoothie

Options
This comes from a cook book I own called "The Ultimate Smoothie". I'd recommend the book because not only does it have instruction on the ingredients (where to find them/how to choose them) but it also has a complete nutritional work up of each recipe. Mine was $12.95 at Border's Books.

Most of the smoothies would not be called a low calorie food with each averaging 300 calories a glass, but they are a great way to enjoy fruit for breakfast or to pad your calorie count at the end of the day.

Makes 2 smoothies
1 cup pineapple juice
1 tbsp of honey
2 cups seeded and cubed watermelon (about 1/4 of the melon)
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Place the juice, honey, watermelon, and blueberries in a blender, and mix on low speed until the mixture is blended. Continue mixing, gradually, increasing the speed, until the mixture is smooth. Pour into glasses.

Calories: 212
Calories from fat: 11
Total fat: 11g
Carbs: 52g
Protein: 2
Fiber: 4g
Calcium: 41mg
Iron: .81mg
Potassium: 446mg
Beta Carotene: 406mcg
Vitamin C: 42mg
Folic Acid: 39mcg

Replies

• FitnessGeek
    Options
    This comes from a cook book I own called "The Ultimate Smoothie". I'd recommend the book because not only does it have instruction on the ingredients (where to find them/how to choose them) but it also has a complete nutritional work up of each recipe. Mine was $12.95 at Border's Books.

Most of the smoothies would not be called a low calorie food with each averaging 300 calories a glass, but they are a great way to enjoy fruit for breakfast or to pad your calorie count at the end of the day.

Makes 2 smoothies
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1 tbsp of honey
    2 cups seeded and cubed watermelon (about 1/4 of the melon)
    1 1/2 cups blueberries

Place the juice, honey, watermelon, and blueberries in a blender, and mix on low speed until the mixture is blended. Continue mixing, gradually, increasing the speed, until the mixture is smooth. Pour into glasses.

Calories: 212
    Calories from fat: 11
    Total fat: 11g
    Carbs: 52g
    Protein: 2
    Fiber: 4g
    Calcium: 41mg
    Iron: .81mg
    Potassium: 446mg
    Beta Carotene: 406mcg
    Vitamin C: 42mg
    Folic Acid: 39mcg
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    Oooohhh yummy!!!!!
    I am all for fruity stuff today and this sound delish!