Organizing diary - within meals

Options
Does anybody else pay attention to the order of your entries for a meal? Not always, but I find that I try to group things together, as if it was a recipe, or in the order I prepare it. For example, if I have coffee and creamer, they are always next to each other, no matter what else I eat with it. In my head, I guess I imagine that other people look at my diary and can understand exactly not only what ingredients I ate, but in what form or how it was prepared. I also find it funny to read diaries of people who don't do this - it's like a puzzle I have to figure out.....

Replies

• JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Agreed. It does make it a little hard. The annoying thing is if you spend the time grouping them and then adjust one, it drops to the bottom of the meal. It would be nice if you could somehow reorganize or separate them after added. I imagine that would actually be a topic for another thread for new features.
  • lucor001
    Options
    I'm new to the site, but I just enter things as soon as I can after I consume (might be minutes, might be hours). I can't say as I spend any time considering the order they're entered for a particular meal. Maybe I'm missing the whole point - but I just look at "the bottom line" (calories remaining today). Generally, before eating my next meal (or snack) I want it updated so I know where I'm at.

About the only organizing I did was add the "Drinks" category. I capture my soda/beer/whatever liquids here. I wanted to pay special attention to liquid intake as I found I could easily forget those calories ('specially beer :) ).
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    I'm fairly new here, but for the few days I've been logging my food, I always group my meals. I just think it looks better and I like organization. :)