Help- should I eat more?

Options
My daily goal is 1500 calories- today I burned 542 so I was able to eat about 1700-2000 today if I wanted.

It's almost 9pm and I'm only at 1275 calories eaten, which is only 733 NET.

I have been eating so well today that I didn't realize I have so much left. After dinner, I didn't feel very good so I ate more (dinner was originally only 350 calories).

Now, I am really not feeling well. I don't know if it's because I haven't eaten enough considering my pretty intense exercise today, but the thought of food makes me feel sick (maybe I'm getting the flu).

My question is- if I just leave it as it is, with only 733 net calories, will it really hurt my progress? I just don't feel like eating.

Also, anything that I would consider eating like fruit is out because apparently I'm over sugar for the day because of fruit.

Replies

• sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    peanut butter on a slice of toast or nuts+cheese. soooo many calories in a small amount.
  • ShannTron
    Options
    I totaly get your concern. I only lost 1 pound last week and panicked....am I eating too little, what did I do wrong?? etc. etc. I am a lesser calorie count, but generally keep my calories at 1400 on workout days. The more I diet and lose, the more I realize it is just about balance. Listen to your body....if you are not hungry...don't eat. and when you are....um...eat. Tonight you might just not be hungry...but tomorrow...who knows you might need an extra 100-200 calories. We also tend to lose our appetites after a hard work out. But the same thing happens to me all the time. I am starving some days and others not hungry at all.....it just depends. I also don't do the whole net thing...and this is why. We tend to over report our exercise and under estimate/report our foods. I personally stick to a few rules

1. WATER alot of it
    2. Calories 1400 (for me) and I eat when I am hungry....I make good choices though...so low fat, high protien, high fiber foods
    3. More water
    4. move my body

I keep it simple cause it is. We tend to complicate paperclips. Good luck, and keep motivated. we got this!
    S~
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    if your under as long as your hitting your 1200 goal for a female or 1800 as a male it doesn't matter those extra cals you burn add up (look above) if you burn 3500 a week thats 1lb lost that week as long as your eating what you need to be eating =)

remember the bigger you are the faster you lose cause you got more fat, where smaller you are it gets more challenging but don't give up cause it all comes in due time =)

remember it this way

females no less than 1200 a day
    males no less than 1800 a day

why?

if you eat less your body goes into starvation mode which causes it to store which causes weight gain

3500 burned cals = loss on 1lb of fat
    3500 cals = 1lb of fat put on

low carb is key my dietitian says 150 or less per day =)

lean meats, red meat and taters 3-4 times in a 2 week period, whole grains keep you fuller longer, heavier meals in the morning, sodium no more than 2400mg a day, fresh fruit and veggies, don't drink you calories, 8+ glasses of water a day, stay away from junk food/fast food/processed food, treat it when you meet your goals, um trying to remember what else

but i learned all this when I gained 195lbs from quitting smoking, got on track with healthy eating and workouts and lost 156lbs in 19 months (put some back on with stress of buying/selling houses) but back on track now =)

you can do it!