Thankful for having been fat

Options
tlapdx72
tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
When I was in my teens and twentys I didn't realize how skinny I was. I felt fat ( I was around 120 LBS). I was tone, and looked good. However, I did not realize this. After my second baby I started to gain weight. I got up to around 227 LBS. I have now lost almost 60 LBS, and I feel great, and look great! I am not back to my 120 LBS, but even if I don't get there I feel good about myself now. It took me getting fat to see myself in a different light. I now don't base how I feel about myself on what the scale says. Don't get me wrong...I still like to see the numbers on the scale go down, but now I judge myself on how I feel. I use to always feel like if I didn't fit into a certain size I must be fat. Now I'm okay with my 12's....and almost into 10's. I don't focus on making sure I get my 1-2 hours of cardio and strength training in...Now I make sure to do something everyday. Even if I only get one mile on the elliptical in... it's something. I use to work my butt off to the point of getting worn down, and giving up. I use to obsess over counting calories...this drove me crazy and did not work for me. It did help me get a better idea of how much I should be eating though. Just felt like telling you all how I'm feeling :)

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss!! And I know what you mean. When I was 135 all I could think about is how fat I was and that I needed to lose weight. Now I would do just about anything to be 160! or 180. I was so naive.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think all women do that! I thought I was fat in high school I was only 117! You have had great sucess. Congrats
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I can identify with the sentiments. When I was younger, I was 120 lbs but was always told how fat I was because I wasn't super skinny like my sister (under 100 lbs). It took me gaining and losing weight for many years before I realized that I wasn't fat just because my parent told me that I was fat. It will be a journey to lose the weight this year but I will and it will be for me and not because someone else keeps telling me that I'm fat. I will be focused on losing body fat but doing it in a kind way which will benefit me. Happy New Year.
  • danniellevigue
    Options
    haha, when i was in high school i was 115 ish lbs. and i always felt fat, and now at around 150's i feel skinny. its crazy, after you balloon up to 250, and lose weight, how skinny i actually feel. :) i can identify with you
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    I was 100 lbs in high school and thought I was fat. It happens to the best of us :)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I remember getting so upset when I went past 110 because I was getting fat. Now I'd simply like to be 125-130. I'm going to get there too!
  • imthemama060811
    imthemama060811 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you sound like me.. before i had my first baby i was 125 lbs, and i thought i was chubby, when i would sit down i would get that roll (a very little one compared to now) and i hated it.. GEEZ!!! If i only knew then what i know now, after 3 kids what my body was going to look like.. i would have appreciated my pre-kid body alot more.. Cant wait to get back down to that!!!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I was never really skinny, but I never did actually feel fat. I mean, I was definitely self conscious and felt that I could be in better shape, but at around 170lbs for most of my life I never felt that I was fat, and here you all are saying you felt that way at 120!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!