Weight loss puzzle...what do I do now?

Options
When I first started MFP, it became a life saver because I had been dieting for 5 months and lost at best 3 pounds. My weight would frequently jog up and down and I discovered that I was not eating enough. MFP showed me the way and I began to lose weight...13 pounds and 2 inches since January 26.

My workout schedule is as follows:

7 days a week, I run 6-8 miles per day maintaining an average heartrate of 172 (because I had a resting and exercise metabolic test which said I start only burning sugar at 173 BPM). I run approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to achieve this 6-8 miles.

3 days a week, I work out with my personal trainer for 30 minutes weight training

2 days a week, I work on my own with weights

I have always eaten 1/4 minimum of my exercise calories, and even then it is the form of vegetables or fruit.

I do not go off plan, even when I splurge I am still at the 1200 calorie mark.

I drink my alottment of water, never take in as much sodium as I am allowed.

I am not on medication, my blood work (lipid and metabolic panel) came back perfect, and I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.

The problem? My stupid weight is starting that damned up and down jogging thing. I AM AT MY WITS END. What is going on? :mad:

I am a former weight loss counselor and professional dieter, but this has me friggin stumped.

Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated.

Replies

• firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, it became a life saver because I had been dieting for 5 months and lost at best 3 pounds. My weight would frequently jog up and down and I discovered that I was not eating enough. MFP showed me the way and I began to lose weight...13 pounds and 2 inches since January 26.

My workout schedule is as follows:

7 days a week, I run 6-8 miles per day maintaining an average heartrate of 172 (because I had a resting and exercise metabolic test which said I start only burning sugar at 173 BPM). I run approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to achieve this 6-8 miles.

3 days a week, I work out with my personal trainer for 30 minutes weight training

2 days a week, I work on my own with weights

I have always eaten 1/4 minimum of my exercise calories, and even then it is the form of vegetables or fruit.

I do not go off plan, even when I splurge I am still at the 1200 calorie mark.

I drink my alottment of water, never take in as much sodium as I am allowed.

I am not on medication, my blood work (lipid and metabolic panel) came back perfect, and I get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.

The problem? My stupid weight is starting that damned up and down jogging thing. I AM AT MY WITS END. What is going on? :mad:

I am a former weight loss counselor and professional dieter, but this has me friggin stumped.

Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated.
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow! You do a lot! Up those calories again... you're not eating enough for all you do.

And great job! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wow! You do a lot! Up those calories again... you're not eating enough for all you do.

And great job! :flowerforyou:

I agree. Especially since you only have a couple pounds left to hit your goal. Try 1400 plus what you eat for your exercise calories, and see if that helps. :flowerforyou:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh....you do so much!!
    I am at a loss....at that pace it should be falling off! I have lost 10lbs since Jan also.....but I am not nearly as agressive with the workouts as you are....maybe you should increase your intake....instead of eating 1/4 or your exercise calories eat them all. I think that may help.
    Best of luck to you wonder woman! LOL:smile:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds dumb... but sometimes a day of splurging helps. Go have a milkshake. Go over on your sugar or calories or carbs... sometimes it can give your metabolism a chance to restart itself. That's just what I've noticed.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I completely agree on the splurge. I've found this to kick me off a plateau. Enjoy some cheese fries!