Protein needed

According to my food log I am lacking in protein. This sounded like a tasty way to add it into my diet. Do you have any other recipes you could post that would add protein?

Enjoy a high-protein breakfast: People who did so ate fewer calories all day, research from the University of Kansas at Kansas City shows. Protein ups levels of satiety hormones, so you'll be less likely to snack. Sip this smoothie: Blend 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, 1 banana, 2 tsp almond butter, 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk, 1/4 tsp pumpkin-pie spice and 5 ice cubes.

The Skinny 399 calories per serving, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 54 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein

Replies

• rh009
    rh009 Posts: 14
    eggs are a great source of protein. If you hard boil them and slice them up and throw them on a salad with some broccoli (a good source of vegetable protein), some other vegetables and throw on some sunflower seeds you've got a fairly good amount of protein and a nutritious meal :) use a vinaigrette dressing. I eat it all the time and its so food! kraft raspberry balsamic is my favourite.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    meets, greek yogurt, nuts, fish, peanut butter, almond butter, protein powder, etc. Good luck..
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    I like nuts or peanut butter added to a smoothie. Banana & peanut butter is wonderful.
  • Greek Yogurt. About 24g protein and only about 140 calories.
  • I've become a huge fan of almond butter.

here's a good list of high protein foods with the amounts:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/highproteinfood.htm
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Seems like a lot of messing about when you could just have bacon and eggs for breakfast
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    yes, the protein in that recipe is coming mainly from the almond butter and yoghurt - so you could just have those, swirled together!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    According to my food log I am lacking in protein. This sounded like a tasty way to add it into my diet. Do you have any other recipes you could post that would add protein?

Enjoy a high-protein breakfast: People who did so ate fewer calories all day, research from the University of Kansas at Kansas City shows. Protein ups levels of satiety hormones, so you'll be less likely to snack. Sip this smoothie: Blend 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, 1 banana, 2 tsp almond butter, 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk, 1/4 tsp pumpkin-pie spice and 5 ice cubes.

The Skinny 399 calories per serving, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 54 g carbs, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein

Sounds very delicious! I think that you should try it and see what you think :-)
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    I have a recipe posted for protein peanut butter cups you can adjust the amount of protein powder used to fit your daily requirements. I make them every night and they're extremely delicious and great for filing protein needs.
  • Last night, i had Tilapia Fillet (4oz) -- 21 proteins. That would be excellent lunch option, 10 minutes to fry (5 min each side,) using spam (zero calories) 4oz is 97 calories... Awesome! With the calories being so low per serving, you can easily double it and it's still be under 200,, double serviing gives you 42 protein and now that is even more AWESOME.

One of nice thing about it,, you can get it in frozen section, indivually wrapped. Just take out when you need, one at a time and it is quite inexpensive.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I will stock up on some of them! :)