Love Handles...YUCK!!!!

Any suggestions on how to get rid of love handles? I am soooooo self conscience about mine :/

Replies

• RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    You can't spot reduce :) Lowering your body fat % is the only way.

You may want to try 30 day shred, a lot of people see a lot of inches lost during those 30 days.
  • Crunches help, but I hate doing them.
  • Crunches help, but I hate doing them.

Crunches are good for toning ab muscles but it won't help you lose love handles. Although muscles do help a lot in burning fat but it gets its fuel source from fat from all over our body, not just in the belly. Like what the poster above says, we can't spot reduce & we must reduce overall body fat percentage to lose the love handles.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    You can't spot reduce :) Lowering your body fat % is the only way.

You may want to try 30 day shred, a lot of people see a lot of inches lost during those 30 days.

What she said, but also... I kinda like my love handles.

Perhaps they're unattractive when they reach saddle-bag status, but never let the world see your coxal bones or your insecurities.

... Just a thought.
  • Crunches are good for toning ab muscles but it won't help you lose love handles. Although muscles do help a lot in burning fat but it gets its fuel source from fat from all over our body, not just in the belly. Like what the poster above says, we can't spot reduce & we must reduce overall body fat percentage to lose the love handles.

They've helped me with my love handles, but I agree, it's more "toning" than "spot-reducing". I'm sure once I stop doing them my waist will be flabby again :blushing:
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    planks, crunches, side weight pulls!
  • Thanks for the suggestions ! :wink:
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Eat a moderate caloric deficit
    Lift heavy weights to help increase lean body mass
    Most of all....have fun.