Workout Songs

What songs get you in the mood for working out? I'm making a new playlist...any input?

Here's a couple of mine:

Big & Chunky- Will.I.Am (Madagascar Soundtrack)
S&M Rhianna
On The Floor-J-lo & Pitbull
Tonight I'm Loving You- Enrique Iglasisas

Replies

• Bump please...
  • brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Just about anything by Pitbull has a good beat. I also listen to a lot of KeSha (Blow) because it is fast. Sexy and I Know it by LMFAO is a good workout tune (and it really cracks me up for some reason). You can look up dance mixes on itunes.

I will have to check out the Big & Chunky tune. I still listen to "I like Big Butts" to get myself moving, but shhh...don't tell anyone. lol.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    What songs get you in the mood for working out? I'm making a new playlist...any input?

Here's a couple of mine:

S&M Rhianna

I discovered S&M by Rihanna and love it :) I wasn't that into her music but have come to really appreciate her!

It's weird, but I used to run to a lot of R&B, club music, and dirty rap, which I never listened to except when running, but for whatever reason, the better I got at running, the less I preferred those types of music.

I'm giving myself away as a total nerd here, but I like listening to musicals during longer runs because I can follow the story. Not Gilbert and Sullivan (which I guess would be light opera) or Rodgers and Hammerstein but newer stuff. Les Miserables is a good one, but I could only listen to it for a couple of runs. My favorites are Chess (preferably Chess in Concert with Idina Menzel and Josh Groban) and Ragtime (original Broadway cast).

My sister occasionally makes running mixes for me, which include a lot of fun, "older" music, like early Michael Jackson and stuff like that :smile:
  • Hypnotize by Biggie Smalls is another one I like...

I never thought about adding Baby Got Back..GREAT IDEA. Love that song!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    I personally love the Gaga. Maybe not the fastest beat, but I personally find her songs very empowering
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Gotta Have It: Jay-Z and Kanye West
    I Get By: Everlast
    Sympathy for the Devil: Rolling Stones (The Neptunes Remix)
    Bad Karma: Ida Maria
    Black Betty: Ram Jam
    Hair of the Dog: Guns n' Roses
    Slow Ride: Fog Hat
    Hells Bells: AC/DC
    Hard White: YelaWolf
    Otis: Jay-Z
    Pumped Up Kicks: Foster the People
    Cold Hard B--ch: Jet
    Super Massive Black Hole-Muse
    N--gas in Paris: Jay-Z
    I Get By: Everlast
    Ugly: Exies
    Hot Mess; Cobra Starship
    Poker Face: Lady Gaga
    Been to Hell: Hollywood Undead

Just a few of my favorites. I have over 400 songs on a work out playlist on my iPod--music is my workout motivation.
  • I am a big fan of anything with a beat that takes me to a zone.
    1. smooth criminal-MJ
    2. Run the World(glee version)
    3. So Good remix-Destiny's Child
    4. Rihanna -Umbrella
    5. Take this ring-Toni Braxton
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I love to listen to anything by Pink or The Script.
    Party Rock (although I am just about sick of this song)
    Dynomite
    anything by Mary J. Blidge or Justin Timberlake
    I also have a 70's Disco CD that I downloaded that I love! It's very entertaining.
  • brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Hot Mess - Cobra Starship = awesome. I forgot about that one.
  • What songs get you in the mood for working out? I'm making a new playlist...any input?

Here's a couple of mine:

S&M Rhianna

I discovered S&M by Rihanna and love it :) I wasn't that into her music but have come to really appreciate her!

It's weird, but I used to run to a lot of R&B, club music, and dirty rap, which I never listened to except when running, but for whatever reason, the better I got at running, the less I preferred those types of music.

I'm giving myself away as a total nerd here, but I like listening to musicals during longer runs because I can follow the story. Not Gilbert and Sullivan (which I guess would be light opera) or Rodgers and Hammerstein but newer stuff. Les Miserables is a good one, but I could only listen to it for a couple of runs. My favorites are Chess (preferably Chess in Concert with Idina Menzel and Josh Groban) and Ragtime (original Broadway cast).

My sister occasionally makes running mixes for me, which include a lot of fun, "older" music, like early Michael Jackson and stuff like that :smile:

I LOVE LISTENING TO MUSICALS WHEN I RUN. I love listening to RENT or Sweeny Todd, REPO, or even Hairspray. I love all musicals, and I love replaying them in my head. It's almost like watching a movie when I run. My latest favorite is Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark cause I saw it in NYC this past August and also got engaged, tons of motivation right there! :) And I love singing out loud when I run, not like screaming, but just enough to where I can still breathe and keep a tune!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Pump it - Blacked Eyed Peas
    Waiting for the End - Linkin Park
    Drunken Lullabies - Flogging Molly

Anything by Reel Big Fish
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    crazy in love by beyonce
    sexy and i know it by lmfao
    baby i like it by pitbull and enrique iglasias (sp)
    i think its called 30 seconds to save the world by justin timberlake n jlo
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Lately I have been listening to Pandora at the gym and I put it on (I know I'm going to get made fun of for this) the DJ Pauly D station. It plays a lot of house/techno/dubstep type music. I have no idea what most of it is, but the tempo of it keeps me pumped up for my workout.

Some others I have on my workout playlist are:

Day Dreamin' Fazes- Kottonmouth Kings
    Here It Goes Again- Ok Go
    The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage- Panic! at the Disco
    Lose Control- Missy Elliott
    The Way I Are- Timbaland
    Piece of Me- Britney Spears
    Womanizer- Britney Spears
    So Hott- Kid Rock
    Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake
    Disturbia- Rihanna
    Please Dont Stop the Music - Rihanna (I agree...she is the **** when it comes to workout music!)
    When I Grow Up- *****cat Dolls
    Lose My Breath- Destinys Child
    Shake It -Metro Station
    So What- Pink
    Beat It- Fallout Boy version
  • Jaxster92708
    Jaxster92708 Posts: 130 Member
    Oh, so many!!

Hey Mama-Black Eyed Peas
    What's My Age Again? Blink 182
    Feeling This-Blink 182
    Magic-BoB
    Where's Your Head At?-Basement Jaxx
    Me Against the Music-Britney Spears and Madonna
    Gonna Make You Sweat-C & C Music Factory
    Galvanize-The Chemical Brothers
    Get the Balance Right-Depeche Mode
    Master and Servant-Depeche Mode
    Lose My Breath-Destiny's Child
    I'm Coming Out-Diana Ross
    Like a G6-Far East Movement
    September (Stayin' Alive Filter Mix)-Foundation
    Stacy's Mom-Fountains of Wayne
    Jump Around-House of Pain
    Don't Wanna Fall in Love-Jane Child
    Break Your Heart-Taio Cruz
    Dynamite-Taio Cruz
    Bring 'Em Out-T.I.
    Toma-Pitbull

I know, random! Also love old Michael Jackson, Jackson Five, New Order, Offspring.

Have fun!
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    I'm pretty much exercising exclusively to Here Come the Mummies these days...that's how I picked my username. :tongue:

Here are some:
  • Jaxster92708
    Jaxster92708 Posts: 130 Member
    Oops...fogot one really good one: Click Click Boom by Saliva.

I'm loving looking up all these songs: Thanks everyone for helping all of us update our playlists for the New Year!
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Oops...fogot one really good one: Click Click Boom by Saliva.

I'm loving looking up all these songs: Thanks everyone for helping all of us update our playlists for the New Year!

There are lots of Saliva songs that are great to run to...in fact, I think I've lost weight dancing each time I saw them live. :tongue: