Is anyone on here gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free?

Options
2»

Replies

• Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I live a low carb high fat lifestyle. I've lost 145 pounds in the past 21 months. My energy level is through the roof and I feel great.
    I've cut out all wheat products, all sweeteners and sweet fruits.
    I have lots of info on my blog. I also tell of my weight loss journey.

Read "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis and checkout his wheat belly blog.

WOW...incredible info.......thanks for sharing
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i am gluten, soy and dairy free, and it will be my goal on the 1st to go (cane) sugar free

i love the crazy sexy diet book
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a major health reason for doing this all at once, have you considered doing this in phases? I suggest this for two reasons. First, it may be easier for you to adjust to one thing at a time, giving you a better chance of sticking with it. Second, if you do make the elimination one at a time, you'll have a better idea how each change impacts how you feel.

I agree with this, I'd start with dairy or sugar, then gradually start to remove gluten and replace with other sources of carbohydrates. You won't feel as tired as you would if you did all of it cold turkey. And when I say I'm sugar free, I'm additive sugar free with the exception of some honey occasionally if I'm baking.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes I eat natural sugars in fruits.

The old saying goes "an apple a day keeps the doctor away."
    Dr. James Carlson gives us the FACTS about sugar in fruits.
    He says "An apple a day and the doctor you will pay".

Sugar is sugar is sugar. Avoid it.

Watch Dr. Carlson's YouTube videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86WeZxCRUw
    Read his book called: "GENOCIDE How your doctors dietary ignorance will kill you", read most of it on his web site: http://drjamescarlson.com/

He presents FACTS, not opinions.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm not gf/df/sf but have family members that are. Here's a site I'd recommend: http://gluten-dairy-sugarfree.com/

I'm thinking of making the quinoa cornbread for New Years with my hoppin john and greens :-)

http://gluten-dairy-sugarfree.com/?p=778
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm not sugar free, but I am gluten and dairy free. Making stuff from scratch is probably the #1 thing that I do, but I am not sure what exactly you are looking for in terms of advice.
  • drdeb12
    drdeb12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My doctor just told me to go gluten free. I am really not sure what I am doing other than not eating grains except rice. I need help.
  • robynham84
    robynham84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a major health reason for doing this all at once, have you considered doing this in phases? I suggest this for two reasons. First, it may be easier for you to adjust to one thing at a time, giving you a better chance of sticking with it. Second, if you do make the elimination one at a time, you'll have a better idea how each change impacts how you feel.

Yes I plan on starting with gluten free first.
  • EnufAlready
    EnufAlready Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bumping this for my own reference later. Great thread - thank you
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And yes I eat natural sugars in fruits.

The old saying goes "an apple a day keeps the doctor away."
    Dr. James Carlson gives us the FACTS about sugar in fruits.
    He says "An apple a day and the doctor you will pay".

Sugar is sugar is sugar. Avoid it.

Watch Dr. Carlson's YouTube videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86WeZxCRUw
    Read his book called: "GENOCIDE How your doctors dietary ignorance will kill you", read most of it on his web site: http://drjamescarlson.com/

He presents FACTS, not opinions.

Where exactly does he get these so-called "facts?" I wonder because science does not generate facts, this is not the project of science. The project of science, especially any science that involves the use of statistics (which medicine and nutrition almost always does) is to rule out alternative hypotheses as highly unlikely, but this does not "prove" anything, or generate "facts." Eventually, some findings become widely replicated, and we trust those that have not been widely replicated. Similarly some theories stand up well to various tests, and eventually become well accepted in the scientific community. However, any theory or finding is open to revision in the light of subsequent findings. Anyone who tells you anything based on science is written in stone (i.e. "proven" or a "fact") is overstating their case.

Please note that I am not anti-science or anti-statistics. I am a scientist with extensive additional training in statistics. Sorry for the rant, but this is a pet-peeve and I'm a little cranky this morning.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My doctor just told me to go gluten free. I am really not sure what I am doing other than not eating grains except rice. I need help.

Not all grains contain gluten. Oats do not contain gluten, although commercial oats are often contaminated with wheat, so it is often recommend that one buy gluten free oats (Bob's Red Mill is one brand that offers these). Buckwheat, despite it's name, is not wheat, and does not contain gluten. Quinoa, often mistaken for a grain (it's technically a seed) is gluten free as well. There is also millet, and probably others I'm not thinking of right now.
  • Cracklinrose5
    Cracklinrose5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread....I have been following a LC WOE and trying to go more SF, GF, etc.....reading more also on the Paleo lifestyle. I will have to look for the group. Thanks...
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I pretty much am. I was for about five years, but recently I've been incorporating low fat dairy products like fat free plain Greek yogurt and whey protein (because I'm a vegetarian, and it's convenient to have that easy boost of complete protein on days I don't feel like eating much).
  • empresslove13
    empresslove13 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free, mostly dairy free (though i have a very hard time with it) and cut out sugars from time to time but generally limit them. I would LOVE TO BEFRIEND anyone else who eats this way, swap recipes, restaurants, etc!