High Protein Diet Equals Constipation

Options
Ok I know gross! But if anyone else has this issue I have found a natural remedy that has helped me and wanted to share:

Smooth Move Organic Tea

You can get it at Walgreens in the US and it definitely works - no cramps or anything - works overnight like most Lax's but I feel better taking it since its only herbs - no chemicals :)

Replies

• auctoritas
    Options
    Why not eat more fat and fiber to get things moving again... the actually natural way?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Why not eat more fat and fiber to get things moving again... the actually natural way?

^^^^ ITA This!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I wish it were that easy but for some of us it isn't. It seems like the healthier I eat the more stopped up I get. It has become a joke between my husband and I that the only thing that works to me to help me get things moving is junk food and donuts do the trick everytime so when I'm stopped up he tells me to go have a donut. I know - TMI. lol
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    the first time I tried the primal thing I was like YeeeHAww!!! MEAT!!! nom-nom-nom!!! forgot to eat many veggies...I wasnt hungry all that meat!! LOL So I ran into the same trouble.........
    2nd kick at the cat....YeeeHaw!!!! VEGGIES!!!!! and oh ya meat!!!! ..............No troubles at all!!! Good for you finding a solution to a common issue that works well for you!! That is a success!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I used the smooth move tea and it worked for me too.
    People don't have the same bowel patterns ...so increasing fiber may work for some but it does not for me and many others.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you use it all the time will it mess you up in the long-term? Will a laxative become part of your lifestlye in order to maintain?
    Personally, I don't like the idea of that.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Water, you need to increase it.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Water, you need to increase it.

This + prunes = S*** fest!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ok I know gross! But if anyone else has this issue I have found a natural remedy that has helped me and wanted to share:

Smooth Move Organic Tea

You can get it at Walgreens in the US and it definitely works - no cramps or anything - works overnight like most Lax's but I feel better taking it since its only herbs - no chemicals :)

I use that too. It has senna leaves which does the trick.
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Would any organic tea work?
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Yup just coming to say this.

A little coconut butter or oil will get things moving right along.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

1) Cyanide and arsenic are both natural.
    2) Water, carbohydrates, amino acids, and fats are all chemicals.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    If you use senna too often for too long, eventually you won't be able to go without it. Bad idea to make it a regular thing. Just drink more water with your protein.