Jump rope , holy cow!

Options
Wanted to let anyone who has hit a plateau.

I saw today most fitness equipment on sale, so saw a Gym jump rope, thought 2 bucks lets try this, get the body working differently, did it when i was a kid GREAT.

HOLY COW thought I was going to passout, Thats one crazy workout if looking to switch it up a little!!!!

Are the calories pretty accurate on the exercise coloum as I have yet to invest in HRM, will be doing that tomarrow though. Anyone know?
:smile:

Replies

• faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    Wanted to let anyone who has hit a plateau.

I saw today most fitness equipment on sale, so saw a Gym jump rope, thought 2 bucks lets try this, get the body working differently, did it when i was a kid GREAT.

HOLY COW thought I was going to passout, Thats one crazy workout if looking to switch it up a little!!!!

Are the calories pretty accurate on the exercise coloum as I have yet to invest in HRM, will be doing that tomarrow though. Anyone know?
    :smile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope is such great exercise. I wish I had a place to do it when its cold outside.:bigsmile:
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    Back room in our basement is unfinshed the kids rollerblade there, thought it would be a great oppurtunity.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    NOW.... Don't laugh, but when I was in Middle School, I was part of the "hip-hop homeschoolers jump rope team".... hahahahahhaaaaa :laugh:

Just thought I'd share that tid-bit. We used to have competitions to see how long you could jump w/o skipping a jump. The contests ALWAYS ended in me and another girl in a stand off...... Man was that good exercise! Keep it up, you'll see results FAST! :smile:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I did "Jump rope for heart" in elementary school.

Now my baby brother is doing it. haha

Maybe I should buy one.
  • pipinana
    Options

Maybe I should buy one.

hahaha, cool Corin, now I don't feel like a nerd for "coming out" :laugh:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Maybe I should buy one.

I did the same thing!!! I used to be soo good!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I won the "Jump Rope For The Heart" contest we had in High School. :blushing:
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer says that's the BEST cardio exercise and burns more calories than any other cardio equipment because it works the entire body. :smile:
  • pipinana
    Options
    That's it.... All this talk of jumping rope has me totally motivated. I'm getting one this weekend! :wink:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly, i dont think i could jump rope unless i had a really really really good sportsbra. otherwise, i might get a black eye :glasses:
  • pipinana
    Options
    unfortunatly, i dont think i could jump rope unless i had a really really really good sportsbra. otherwise, i might get a black eye :glasses:

:grumble: I only WISH I had that problem. :laugh: I have NOTHING...... :tongue:
  • piglet
    Options
    Has any one tried the ropeless jump rope call JumpSnap. It is suppose to give you the same workout as a jump rope but without the rope.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My kids just did the Jump Rope for Heart this week!!! I bought us all jump ropes and it is an awesome workout! Really gets the heart pumpin'!! :heart:
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Has any one tried the ropeless jump rope call JumpSnap. It is suppose to give you the same workout as a jump rope but without the rope.

Speaking of childhood, is that the thing they had years ago that snaps to your foot and you jump over it as it spins around?
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i used to jump rope all the time as a kid and also did the JUMP ROPE FOR HEART every year, going too go buy one once the weather gets better here!!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

hahahaha!! I have the same problem!! The BL workout makes you jump in place, and I am always scared.. I buy a sportsbra a size too small, then wear a regular bra, then that... I cant barely breath, but at least I can jump!:laugh:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I have the same problem.
    :ohwell:

We used to use the jump rope for offseason training for football. Good workout.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I loved to jump rope, can't so much anymore with my bad leg, but really have thought about the ole hoola-hoop. Heard that was good for the middle. What do ya'll think? :happy:
  • pipinana
    Options

I have the same problem.
    :ohwell:

{giggle} You crack me up! :heart: