Use Kinect for Workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Okay the kids got a Kinect for Christmas, and I've spent the last few days breaking a sweat playing "Wipeout" & "Fruit Ninja"...got me thinking I should get an actual excercise game for the thing for those evenings I can't escape to the gym. Any recommendations...? Thanks in advance!

my wife is sore from bowling! LOL
    I got for christmas too
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if the zumba that is currently in stores is compatible with the kinect. There is a new zumba game that is kinect capable and I believe it comes out in Jan. So make sure to check the boxes to see which one you're getting.

zumba (the 1st one) they have for kinect..new zumba game for kinecy comes out in february!!!! zumba 2 for wii just came out too
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    :smile: Just looked up all the games everyone recommended - lots of good choices - thanks for sharing your experience! I thought I'd pass along that there's a NEW Zumba coming out February 29, 2012 - looks very good. I'm going to try and decide between Dance Central 2 and Just Dance 3, and between Biggest Loser & Your Shape Evolved. The Biggest Loser has a scary body scan feature that takes measurements....If I have have nerve it may be helpful....!
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dance Central 2 is AMAZING! And so much fun. I'm a "trained" dancer and I find it waaaaay more fun and challenging than the Wii games. If I play for about a half hour and burn 100 calories.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I use dance central and zumba on my kinect. Very fun games! :-)
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i agree with the others, dance central is a lot of fun!!
  • Nyrissa
    Options
    I just got Just Dance 3 Best Buy Edition (same price, more songs. Actually, it's $10 cheaper this week). I was borrowing it for the Wii, but I bought the Kinect one yesterday. I worked out half the time as I do with the Wii, and I was sweating twice as hard!

I also got the Michael Jackson game for Kinect. But it's way different then the Wii one. I would recommend getting that one for the Wii or PS Move rather than Kinect. The Kinect one focuses more on "putting you in the video" than the actual dancing.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i agree with the others, dance central is a lot of fun!!

this!
  • nancy5012
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser for kinect - it allows for different levels of difficulty and diffent lengths of time for your workout. There are a number of types of workouts as well.

Forget about the Your Shape-FItness Evolved for kinect. I used this for a couple of weeks but it never really gave me a full body workout.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We just got it also.
    We got Kinect Adventures which is fun for adults and kids, you have to jump and dodge quite a bit and I find that a half hour of it makes me sweat.
    I also ordered UFC Trainer for Kinect. I expect that to really be great.