Last Christmas, I...

Options
mabelebam
mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
Last Christmas, I weighed 212lbs and was generally miserable about almost everything in life. I knew that I needed to make a change, but I was convinced that it could wait. That was when I saw this photo, taken at Christmas with a group of close friends.

d8ec6.jpg

And exactly a year later, we took the same photo at the same place with the same people, but the difference was, I was about 30lbs lighter, healthier and had finally started to find happiness in my life.

c2261.jpg

I still can't believe that I'm the person staring back in the mirror. Granted, I'm not at my goal yet but I love the new lifestyle that I'm living, and I will never let myself go back to that sorry, miserable state ever again! In these few months, there were some joyous UPS, and some devastating DOWNS, but the one thing I've learned to hold on to is patience. With patience and the right mindset, armed with the support and motivation from MFP pals, anything is truly possible!

Good luck everyone and thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the pics but your story is fabulous! Congrats to you!!!:drinker:
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great loss wtg!
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Trying to get the pics to work but my connection is impossibly slow. Thanks for the lovely comment!! :)
    I didn't see the pics but your story is fabulous! Congrats to you!!!:drinker:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    There they are!!!! WOW! Be proud of yourself! You deserve to be!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look great! And you're right, patience and persistence is key.

Last Christmas I was 50lbs lighter lol. I am working on it now though :P
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and welcome to your brand new life! You look beautiful, happy, and healthy!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    You look great! Its amazing what 30lbs can do on some people. Adorable dress btw!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congratulations!!! I also lost 30 pounds, but I had no idea how fat I really looked before that. I was so used to seeing myself like that it never occurred to me that I could be fat.
  • Shei0307
    Options
    Congrats! You inspire me, you look lovely! Keep it up! :smile:
  • LORRIE22
    LORRIE22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Your 33 pound loss is great! Congratulations on your new cute figure! :drinker:

And.... KERRYmh, You look wonderful.
    :flowerforyou:

I admire your courage and determination.
    You are truly an inspiration!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!