Hello!

Options
Hi everyone,
I've had a membership here for a while, but was using a different site. Decided that a free site is better than a pay one, plus the other site didn't have a mobile app. So, I'm giving this one a shot.
My story (edited for time) goes like this - I was really fat. In June of 2010, I started dieting and running and went from 279 to 195 by January of 2011. Since then, I've continued to run - have done three marathons and ran over 1500 miles this past year. Unfortunately, I've been eating like everyday is my last day on the planet. So, despite all the miles, my weight has started to creep back up.
I have set some challenges for myself and will start working with a Crossfit trainer in the New Year. Part of my goals is to get to 185 pounds, run the Jungfrau marathon in Switzerland in September and find that six pack of abs hiding under the bag of potato chips.
Hoping to find some friends and support here - looks like a really good community of people that will help to keep me on track and accountable in the new year. Also, if there are any members that live in the Memphis area and are looking for someone to run with, I'm available most weekends and have a few friends that I run with. The more the merrier!
Cheers!
Scott Smith
Memphis, TN

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi, I sent a friend invite
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I went to college in Memphis and lived there for years after, but I'm now in the Nashville area. I'm a new runner, but I love having runner friends. :) Friend request sent.