6 Months In - 97lbs down - Halfway Point

Options
TrefG
TrefG Posts: 112 Member
Hi Guys,

I said I'd post this when I was around halfway through.

My journey started on July 13th this year, shortly after I discovered MFP and have logged calories ever since. am now down 97lbs.

It's only when I look at the before and after shots that I can see that I have actually achieved something. Only halfway there, but am so motivated at the minute that I am 100% sure that I will see this out til the end now.

Thanks for all the ongoing support, it's been much appreciated. Pic attached (if I've managed to upload it correctly)

TrefWeightLoss6-1.jpg

Replies

• skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    that is an amazing amount of weight lost in 6 months. congrats to u! you look great keep it up!
  • skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    double post
  • kariybear
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm just starting my journey! So what all have you done or is their any advice for me? 97lbs in 6 months is amazing!!!! :bigsmile:
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    TrefWeightLoss6.jpg

amazing job!
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm just starting my journey! So what all have you done or is their any advice for me? 97lbs in 6 months is amazing!!!! :bigsmile:

Well I had a 1 week stint in hospital at the beginning which helped (but I wouldn't reccomend it) - and after that I have been sticking rigidly to 1200 calories a day, I exercised most days (started just by walking for 10 mins, now I run for 20-30mins) and made sure I was chewing my food properly.

My problem was I was a serial snacker, so I cut this out by chewing gum everytime I want a snack. Gum has really helped.

I think I have lost so much so quickly as I was very big to begin with. They say the bigger you are the easier it comes off. I am expecting the next 5st to be much much harder :ohwell:
  • Mr2Bfit
    Mr2Bfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Way to Go!!! Keep Pushing!!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! congrats!!! :D
  • hoopymog
    hoopymog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You have done so well so far, keep it going. Really well done
  • SKINNYMESOON2B
    SKINNYMESOON2B Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing! Great work!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    That's awesome so far! :D
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!! Congrats!
  • vee785
    vee785 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huge difference!!!!!!!!! you have done amazing keep it up!!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! You lost a whole person in 6 months!!!!!!!! AMAZING! Congrats!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Holy wow! How inspiring!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing job you've done! What a renovation project! Seriously, you look great; congratulations on your hard work.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You've lost just about the same as me.

I was looking at a picture on the camera the other day that my partner had taken and I was wondering who was that in the picture only to realize it was me... talk about difference hmm?!
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look really great
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Very impressive...!
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    u loook amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa freakin zinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!