exercise help!

Options
I started developing my own workout plans: doing pushups, squats with arm presses, ect. Basically things that get the heart rate up. I do these for about 15 minutes on my days that I strenghth train, and my problem is that I dont really sweat. Its not that I do the same things each time, so that my body doesnt get used to the same thing. Also when I do my workout videos (Jillian micheals and biggest loser), I feel it, but I still dont have a heavy sweat and Ive been kinda wondering if its still working even though im not sweating. Im still going to continue doing it, because I know its good for me, but its intense and I just feel that I should be sweating.

Replies

• lk14040
    Options
    I started developing my own workout plans: doing pushups, squats with arm presses, ect. Basically things that get the heart rate up. I do these for about 15 minutes on my days that I strenghth train, and my problem is that I dont really sweat. Its not that I do the same things each time, so that my body doesnt get used to the same thing. Also when I do my workout videos (Jillian micheals and biggest loser), I feel it, but I still dont have a heavy sweat and Ive been kinda wondering if its still working even though im not sweating. Im still going to continue doing it, because I know its good for me, but its intense and I just feel that I should be sweating.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    Sweat is not an idicator of working out properly. Nor is it not an idicator that you're not "gaining" anything. Your body sweats to control your body heat, not because it's building muscle. If you're not doing anything to raise your body temp then your body won't sweat. If you're doing cardio and you don't sweat, you are probably just not getting that hot. Good for you! Try upping your cardio intensity.
  • karran13
    Options
    a common problem could be that you are dehydrated. may be you need to drink more.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't usually sweat much when I'm doing strength training either. It's just the cardio that gets me "glowing."