Losing the urge

Options
I have done really well over the past two months and almost hit my target loss (one stone). But the last week or 10 days I've been feeling 'bored' and demotivated and have started picking at food again, hence two pounds back on this week. I also had a bit of a cold and felt tired after my period so have not had the energy to go on the elliptical (only once this week for 20 mins). Help! I feel I am sabotaging myself. Why?!!!

Replies

• lovechocolate
    Options
    I have done really well over the past two months and almost hit my target loss (one stone). But the last week or 10 days I've been feeling 'bored' and demotivated and have started picking at food again, hence two pounds back on this week. I also had a bit of a cold and felt tired after my period so have not had the energy to go on the elliptical (only once this week for 20 mins). Help! I feel I am sabotaging myself. Why?!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

do you have your goals written down and posted on the mirror in the loo?
    posted on the fridge?

need to remind yourself daily why you started this journey....that and the mirror help me
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    It can be tough during your period and you have a cold on top of it!! If you're getting bored change up your food choices. Finding a new healthy recipe can make a difference if you're eating the same things all the time. Also change up your cardio- maybe do some dancing or kickboxing. I've found doing low intensity for a few minutes then switching to high intensity for a few minutes helps me when I have the period blahs. Hopefully it will help you.:flowerforyou:
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Dave - you are right, I need to refocus on why I'm doing this. Thank you.

Ivykivy - I think that finding new recipes is a great idea. I did my grocery shop yesterday and now I realise that I have bought mostly the same stuff for the last few weeks.