My goals for the New Year.... Whats yours????

Options
13»

Replies

• GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Finish the dismal swamp stomp half marathon April 14th

We have a 10k obstacle course to do January 28th and its going to be freezing.... dont really know what we were thinking signing up for this but i hope we dont end up with hypothermia.... the course is through a natural spring with freezing cold water and we will be wet through out most of the race!!!! :grumble:
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Gain 15 lbs
    Drop 2% in BF
    Bench 275 lbs (currently 240)
    Squat 275 8 times (currently 225 8 times)
    Be able to do 100 continous push ups hitting chest on floor
    Deadlift 365 lbs (currently 315 lbs)

Thats what im talking about!!! Awesome goals!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    I have so many goals for this new year! Most of them are running related - sub-25 minute 5k, sub-8 minute mile, 5 miles with no rest or walking, and run a half marathon. There's a bunch of other little goals I'd like to reach before the sub-8 minute (like sub-10 minute mile). My 5k time is currently 39 minutes... I'd also like to shed these last 10 pounds!

Happy New Year to all of you! Good luck with all your fitness/health and personal endeavors. And I hope this new year is wonderful for you all.

I would like to make it to sub 8mins too.... right now my PR for a 5k is 28mins12secs!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    I want to squat my body weight and deadlift something like that much. I want to do a pull up (or what I'm thinking in my head is a pull up, but I realize I don't know what a chin up or a dip is, maybe I want to do those too).

I want to run increasingly farther distances and go faster. Currently have a 10K penciled in my calendar. Not sure I want to say goals after that out loud, but I'm thinking them.

I don't give a care in the world what my weight is any more, but I want to fit into the next smallest pants.

I want to unselfconsciously wear the bikini that I've been taking progress photos in in public. Like where there are other people. And I want to look like "hey there's a girl in a bikini" and not "oh dear lord what is she thinking". I do need a tan though.

Chin ups is just doing a pull up with wrist facing you!!!! Right now i can do 10 chin ups and 10 pull ups so ive started adding weight... im up to 15lbs for 3reps with chin ups!!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    losing all my weight this year
  • GiGi76
    Options
    I want to reach novice levels for all my lifts including the dreaded power clean.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

I guess that would put me in the Intermediate level!!! Looking forward to reaching the goals ive set!!!:wink:
  • GiGi76
    Options
    The other day I decided I WILL do 12 consecutive pull-ups.
    Today, I decided I WILL run a 4:30 marathon.

I just started lifting heavy so I haven't really given those goals a lot of thought, but.... I want more!

I will achieve 16% BF.

Love it.... when i reach 10 reps i started adding weights!!! :happy: And i want to reach 16% too!!! Staying around 18% now!!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    1. Lose about 25 more lbs so I can donate a kidney to my husband. :love:
    2. Continue on weight lose journey till I reach my ideal weight. :smile:

Awesome!!! :wink:
  • GiGi76
    Options
    I have a few goals:

I want to be able to run a 10 min mile. I was VERY close this time last year, fell on the ice in January and ended up with a bulging disc. I struggled all year to better my time - but wasn't able to do so. I gave myself almost 2 months off from the gym (Halloween to January 1) to give my back time to heal. I'm hoping it'll help me achieve this goal (I would like to achieve this by summer 2012)

I want to be able to bench press, squat and deadlift my body weight or more by this time next year. I don't care if I can only do it 1 or 2 times. I just want to be able to do it.

I want to be able to do 100 push ups without stopping

As of right now, I think I want to drop another 10 or so pounds and get myself down around 135lbs.

But, I'm concerned that 135lbs will make me look too thin or sickly. I am willing to gain weight back to where I am now and focus more on fitness goals if I start to lose weight and realize I don't like how I look. OR if I struggle too much to lose OR if I lose the weight, like how I look but find it to be too much of a struggle to maintain that weight. I can easily maintain where I am right now and I refuse to fight my body to maintain a certain weight. I will be happy and content around 145lbs if it means I am comfortable and it is easy to do. I won't struggle.

Wow 100 push-ups??? I set a goal of 50 (chest to the ground) and decided that was enough.... now i add weights to them.... im up to 45lbs for 12reps as of this week!!!!
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All the best to each and everyone for their goals.

Mine:-
    Running 60 minutes (10K) 5-6 days a week
    All JM Workouts(One video each month for 7 months and repeat of advanced versions) addition to 60 minute run.
    Lose those last 10 pounds by May ( I am stuck for long so giving 5 months time for those ONLY 10 pounds)
    1st 10 K on 29th Jan and 2nd 12th Feb.
    Half marathon by end of the year.

Bring in the 2012 with healthy eating and logging every single day.
    Take care and enjoy the journey.
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Haven't really thought about it too much in detail yet, but I'd like to lose the last 10 lbs. I would also like to be able to do some one handed pushups.

Really I just wanna tone up, and build muscle but nothing specific when it comes to #'s of reps or whatever.

I would like to start and finish the insanity program (starting january 2nd first time for me) and maybe do P90X again (this will be round 3 for me)

Ive done 3 rounds of P90X and 2 round of Insanity Asylum!!!! Starting P90X2 Jan 2 and cant wait!!! I will continue my heavy lifting with it also (but only 2 days a week)!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    All the best to each and everyone for their goals.

Mine:-
    Running 60 minutes (10K) 5-6 days a week
    All JM Workouts(One video each month for 7 months and repeat of advanced versions) addition to 60 minute run.
    Lose those last 10 pounds by May ( I am stuck for long so giving 5 months time for those ONLY 10 pounds)
    1st 10 K on 29th Jan and 2nd 12th Feb.
    Half marathon by end of the year.

Bring in the 2012 with healthy eating and logging every single day.
    Take care and enjoy the journey.

Have my first official 10k Jan 28th but its an obstacle run!!!