Got a Keurig for Christmas

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
I am thrilled, but this thing is going to be the death of me. Hot drinks readily available whenever I want? I'm going to use up all my calories on hot cocoa and chai tea!

Anyone else own one? Do you set a "limit" for yourself or anything?

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I love mine! I am a new coffee drinker, so I have a small cup with 2 measured TBS of a fat free yummy creamer. I don't drink hot chocolate anymore (so sad, but so many cals!) unless I really, really want it.

I'm a real big fan of NOT drinking my calories - it's made a big difference in my weight loss. Enjoy!! :)
  • sarahttack
    Options
    I usually get away with flavored coffee (K-cups) and fat free half and half (10cal per tablespoon), but I just bought these (http://www.amazon.com/Grove-Square-Cappuccino-Vanilla-24-Count/dp/B005K4Q1YA) and they are SO SO GOOD. Taste just like the gas station cappuccinos. But only 80cal a cup. Good treat!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i use mine all the time. i don't really care for the k cup hot choc. they are really weak. i use the swiss miss diet 25calorie envelopes, and the hot water feature. I also drink alot of decaf with the 35cal almond milk, and splenda.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig...LOOOOVE it. And I got some of the gingerbread kcups for christmas this year and they are really good. Don't even need any extra flavors.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I own one, but I think the K-cups are expensive and somewhat wasteful. I bought the reusable coffee filter and my own delicious coffee. :smile:
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine and I don't limit myself at all. I use if for coffee and my kids use if for hot chocolate and apple cider etc. :)
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my Keurig machine!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    We have had ours for a couple years now... drink a travel mug size cup every morning and maybe 2 on Sat and Sun.... I only drink Donut Shop brand and maybe the occasional Cafe Mocha......
  • melbellkid
    Options
    I have heard from a few people to watch out using the Hot Chocolate cups in those-it apparently kills the machine pretty quickly-they had to replace theirs-thankfully still under warranty-but they say all of the others work great and they love them!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    We got one for Christmas too. I've only used it for coffee so far. I will say this - the flavored coffees are sooo good that I have been able to cut back on my creamer! That is a bonus for me since I can't stand regular coffee and used a lot of creamer in my coffee before. :)
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Love mine!!! But I only drink "real" coffee with it. My parents bought me a box of the Cafe' Mocha for my birthday, but it's just a lot of sugar and empty calories. Just watch the calories on what you buy-- many k-cups are simply coffee, and don't become caloric till you add your stuff!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Most of my coffee is like 5 cal each...and with sugar free creamer and Splenda it is a tasty snack!!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Love mine, but only use it for coffee. Currently on a Starbucks kick. I'm a purist and like just regular coffee, no flavor. If I want something flavored I get a latte.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Well I bought a french press to help me stick to just 1 cup of coffee a day! This would have worked too. I would make the effort to learn to like the teas without anything in them and you won't REALLY have to worry calorie wise.
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    I bought the reusable filter and put teas through it. I drink a caffeinated tea in the am and switch to green tea at night. No calories in tea!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I love love my Keurig! I usually have 1 maybe 2 K-cups a day. I love the flavored K-cups and use 1tsp of a flavored creamer and it isnt many calories at all. I also have some dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and peppermint chocolate hot cocoa. Interesting about hot cocoa k-cups ruining it?! Not sure why that would do that?
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    OMG, I got one for Christmas too, and I :heart: the thing! I'm an avid coffee drinker so it comes in handy. So far, I don't have a fave yet, but I've gone through all the samples in the box, and my husband has bought me a few others to try - all good. My mom bought me Revv as a gift to go with it. Not the best, but I'll drink it. My husband adores hot chocolate, but he said he prefers regular hot chocolate to the K-cup hot chocolate, at least the ones he's tried so far. I'm still keeping my old coffee pot, though, for weekends when I drink more than my usual 2 cups!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    If you register it on their keurig site, you can get 2 free boxes of coffee when you order two! I paid $36 for 4 boxes of 24 count boxes! I love mine!!! Going to get the resuable filter next. :drinker:
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I love love my Keurig! I usually have 1 maybe 2 K-cups a day. I love the flavored K-cups and use 1tsp of a flavored creamer and it isnt many calories at all. I also have some dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and peppermint chocolate hot cocoa. Interesting about hot cocoa k-cups ruining it?! Not sure why that would do that?

Yes, that is the first time I had heard that as well. Good thing we won't be using it for hot chocolate too often!
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    We had our Keurig for less than a year before they had to replace it. Thankfully it was still under warranty. The new one works great and no we don't limit ourselves. I buy the coffee directly from Keurig and it saves lots of money. they have free shipping and free sample packs (sometimes) and you get discounts the more you buy along with collecting reward points for future reference.