Watch out - Your fingers lose weight too!

Options
I finally came across a downside to losing weight....your fingers lose weight too! Over the past 6 months my rings have become very loose and Ive almost lost them a few times just doing normal, everyday tasks. Ive been lucky that I always felt them sliding off.....that is, until today. I have lost my engagement ring. :( I was driving down the road and realized that I only had my wedding band on. It's my own fault because I have been meaning to get the rings re-sized for a while but never got around to it. Now, Im kicking myself over it!

So, beware.....losing weight is GREAT and I wouldnt trade it BUT please get your rings re-sized so you arent in the same boat as me. Luckily, my husband is very understanding and vows we will find it. I hope he is right!

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I have not worn my wedding ring for almost a year. I have to get it resized sometime, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
  • sjadams01
    Options
    Sorry to hear you lost your ring!!!!

When I started having that issue I went out and bought an inexpensive "replacement" until I am done and can actually have my ring resized.
  • limpo83
    Options
    Yeah i found out.. i had to go and resice my engangment ring a copple of days ago..
    down 3 sices could prob done 4 :P
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You lose weight in your feet too! I have wintery shoes that flop all over the place when I walk :smile:

Sorry about your ring....I bought a ring guard for my engagement ring, which is in front of my wedding band which I would not be able to wear if it weren't for the ring guard :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I Luckily, my husband is very understanding and vows we will find it. I hope he is right!

good. whats one more vow!
  • rcpayton
    Options
    Great news!! My husband found my ring at the bottom of the washing machine! He went right out and bought a ring guard as someone here suggested. What a great way to end the year!!!!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Aaaaw, sorry to hear that, I hope you find it.

My rings are still OK on my finger at the moment as I have a bit of fatty tissue there still holding them on, but when I go swimming I have to take them off as a couple of times I've noticed that my rings were working their way past my knuckle!

Like others, my shoe size has also changed, and has made life incredibly frustrating as in one shop I now no longer fit a 7 but a 6 is too tight, and in my normal shop the shoes are too wide and just fall off. I varied between an 8 and a 6 dependent on the shop, now I don't have a clue!

Roll on summer and flipflops!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great news!! My husband found my ring at the bottom of the washing machine! He went right out and bought a ring guard as someone here suggested. What a great way to end the year!!!!

I am so happy for you!
  • brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    had the same problem the rings i've been wearing for almost 10 years don't fit anymore i got me a few ring guards too
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Roll on summer and flipflops!

That would make the shoes thing so much easier! :-)
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Took mine off after it flung off my finger and hit the wall!!!! lol
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    so apparently do your feet
    45lbs & went down an entire shoe size
    awww darn, i need to buy new shoes LOL
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad you got your ring back! I, too, can no longer wear my engagement ring and wedding band, having gone from a size 7 to a 6. I recently inquired about getting them resized, but it'll cost me between $100 and $120 (they're platinum), so that won't be happening for a while. In the meantime, I bought a cheapo fake diamond band from Claire's.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm glad he found it! My rings are getting a bit loose too. I better get that taken care of because I would HATE to lose them!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Glad you found it!

Yep, I found my rings were getting loose, so started wearing them on my right hand as it's bigger (and I have a cheapie ring I wear on my left hand). I'm 8mths preggy now and can almost wear them on my left hand again :laugh:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you found it. I bought a few cheap ring guards and figure when i reach my goal I will get them resized. i didnt want to have to resize them several times i was afraid it would make them weaker.......
  • JaniceMaynard
    Options
    So glad to hear that you found your ring. I lost one the same way. Yes we lose AND gain in our fingers. All of mine are loose as well... I switched them to different fingers for the time being.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a ring size of 10 to a 7.5 it is amazing to me..my Xring (school was a 8.5) and I won't get anything resized until I'm done. With 40lbs left who knows what will change. I doubt I will shrink that much more..the most valuable ring I own is the school ring and right now it just sits in my jewelry box.
    So happy you found your ring!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Read your post (awesome news that it has been found by the way!), and then saw this story and thought you might get a kick out of it today:
    http://news.yahoo.com/swedish-woman-finds-wedding-ring-16-years-carrot-133659884.html
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!