topic dissapeaars?

Options
carriem73
carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
I commented on a topic (one where the original poster seemed quite rude if I may say so) and went back a few minutes later to see what others have to say, and now I can't find it- do the moderators remove topics that are nasty/mean spirited????

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    :cry: my comment didn't make the cut.. it was deleted right after.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    do the moderators remove topics that are nasty/mean spirited????
    Yes. Yes, they do.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    do the moderators remove topics that are nasty/mean spirited????
    Yes. Yes, they do.

gasp!! noooooooooooooooo!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to the "this is not a fitness site" thread.. OHHHHH yeah, it got removed... and the OP was friggin' rude alright?!?!?!?
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    n00b.
  • carriem73
    Options
    If you are referring to the "this is not a fitness site" thread.. OHHHHH yeah, it got removed... and the OP was friggin' rude alright?!?!?!?

yep- that's the one! I was equally rude back to them- how dare they- if you don;'t like this site- then get the *%#& out!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    its called thinning out the heard....
  • cramernh
    Options

yep- that's the one! I was equally rude back to them- how dare they- if you don;'t like this site- then get the *%#& out!!!

"Only want to associate with fit people" - yeah, that post screamed b**** pretty darn well... had they been a little better about what they were posting, I was gonna recommend that person start their own MFP discussion group - I mean, hell, many people have created their own little groups... but, I decided not to! LOL!!!!
  • carriem73
    Options
    you joined a year & a half ago and just have seen this for the first time? :noway:

you're very lucky

to be honest- I wasn't very active for the first year- BUT, I have to say, I have a hard time finding topics once I post a reply to someone else's topic, so I may not have noticed in the past!!!!! :blushing:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    CoolStoryBroBillyMays.png
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    CoolStoryBroBillyMays.png
    SouthParkep1308.jpg
  • cramernh
    Options
    ive been lurking, trying to get a feel for this site, and ive noticed a few things. MyFITNESSpal has very little for people who are fit and wanting to get fitter. Its more myFATLOSSpal. The handful of "fit" people seem pretty elitist and looking at food journals, most are like my husband; eats like crap and loses weight. Just a great metabolism, not hard work at all. Yet they give nutritiomal advice by the page. that i can forgive. I wanted to check out groups/challenges. Again, nothing for fit people. Nothing higher than intermediate fitness. then theres the blatant rudeness. Question gets posted, people lose their minds. Unless its a stupid question or a post that can be answered with "its just water weight." anybody that has had the audacity to say they did 1000 jumping jacks gets flamed like hellfire but someone who just did 1 pushup gets praise. So when that person works up to 100pushups, we arent supposed to support them anymore? are there fit people/challenges/groups or is this site just horribly misnamed?

This is the OP from that thread....
  • felice03
    Options
    ive been lurking, trying to get a feel for this site, and ive noticed a few things. MyFITNESSpal has very little for people who are fit and wanting to get fitter. Its more myFATLOSSpal. The handful of "fit" people seem pretty elitist and looking at food journals, most are like my husband; eats like crap and loses weight. Just a great metabolism, not hard work at all. Yet they give nutritiomal advice by the page. that i can forgive. I wanted to check out groups/challenges. Again, nothing for fit people. Nothing higher than intermediate fitness. then theres the blatant rudeness. Question gets posted, people lose their minds. Unless its a stupid question or a post that can be answered with "its just water weight." anybody that has had the audacity to say they did 1000 jumping jacks gets flamed like hellfire but someone who just did 1 pushup gets praise. So when that person works up to 100pushups, we arent supposed to support them anymore? are there fit people/challenges/groups or is this site just horribly misnamed?

<GASP> she has been stalking us!
  • cramernh
    Options

<GASP> she has been stalking us!

That sure as hell aint me! LOL! I only stalk my husband....because he likes that! LOL!!

Nahh, that quoted garbage was the original post from the thread that got yanked....
  • carriem73
    Options
    you joined a year & a half ago and just have seen this for the first time? :noway:

you're very lucky

to be honest- I wasn't very active for the first year- BUT, I have to say, I have a hard time finding topics once I post a reply to someone else's topic, so I may not have noticed in the past!!!!! :blushing:

^^^^^ see where it says "my topics" up there? that will list the last 25 topics you posted on to have recent replies.

I got that part- but it that just for topics I create? What about when I comment on sopmeone else's topic? pardon my ignorance!! I'm not very computer savy!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Sucks I missed that topic, was she a vegan nazi?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    (never mind)
  • felice03
    Options
    Sucks I missed that topic, was she a vegan nazi?

yes, yes she was...