Hi everyone. I need some input.

Options
I have tried numerous times to use this site to lose weight. I am very unhappy with my physical appearance figure wise, and had a shocking face slap when I saw a picture of myself in a swimsuit. I want to cry. How did I let this happen? I mean, I know I had a baby, but so did several of my friends and I'm the only one who's not lost the weight! My daughter is almost 9 months old. I lost 20lbs after delivery, but now I weigh what I did at my last OB appointment. Very depressing. I don't work anymore, but even when I did I was the assistant manager at a gas station. I don't go to the gym. I simply can't. I don't have anyone I trust with my daughter except for my fiance who is not only a pest control technician, but also a volunteer fireman, and the mayor of our town. Needless to say what little time we have together we want to spend as a family. We do take walks with our daughter in the stroller when it's warm enough, but other than that, not too much. When she gets big enough I will take her to the park and such, but I need something I can do now! I recently bought a Wii, and I love doing the sports on it. My question is, would that count as exercise? How do I know how many calories I burn? Sorry for the really long post, I'm just really in a rut right now.:frown:

Replies

• brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have tried numerous times to use this site to lose weight. I am very unhappy with my physical appearance figure wise, and had a shocking face slap when I saw a picture of myself in a swimsuit. I want to cry. How did I let this happen? I mean, I know I had a baby, but so did several of my friends and I'm the only one who's not lost the weight! My daughter is almost 9 months old. I lost 20lbs after delivery, but now I weigh what I did at my last OB appointment. Very depressing. I don't work anymore, but even when I did I was the assistant manager at a gas station. I don't go to the gym. I simply can't. I don't have anyone I trust with my daughter except for my fiance who is not only a pest control technician, but also a volunteer fireman, and the mayor of our town. Needless to say what little time we have together we want to spend as a family. We do take walks with our daughter in the stroller when it's warm enough, but other than that, not too much. When she gets big enough I will take her to the park and such, but I need something I can do now! I recently bought a Wii, and I love doing the sports on it. My question is, would that count as exercise? How do I know how many calories I burn? Sorry for the really long post, I'm just really in a rut right now.:frown:
  • crush
    crush Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know about the Wii, but my guess is that it would count as exercise. I'm sure someone else can help you on that.

What caught my eye is your comment about the slap in the face. I had the same experience recently, and it made me recommit to loosing the weight. My self-image did not match what I saw in the photos!

There are lots of great home workout videos that you can do, and I found that my daughter was happy to watch me because she liked the music!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I don't know if you live close to a gym, but I've been a member at three separate gyms (not at the same time) and all three had free daycare. They usually have pretty quality people (you can check) and it might be fun for your 9 month old! It's only for an hour and might be good for both of you.

If not close to a gym, you should try a ZUMBA video. Zumba is a blast and you'll be having fun and losing weight at the same time (don't forget to add in some at-home weight training). Good luck :happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
    As for exercise, I take a walk almost every day, (when the weather permits, which it's NOT these days!) and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored.
    I'm sure you could do something like that too. You'll be having fun while you lose the weight that you so desperately want to lose! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you can get the Wii fit. it's a nice little exercise program that walks you through a lot of it.

Also there are lots of home exercises you can do, including the Jillian Michaels workouts
    which are great for cardio.

If you google cardio at home and you will find some great ideas.
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I agree with the home workout videos. I have some of the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. It's walking in place with some leg lifts, kicks, and little movements to spice it up a little. They also use weights and bands. It can be a quick and easy way to get your workouts in, no babysitter needed!

Also, my cable provider has lots of workout options on the tv. Check that out! I have hundreds of workouts (Jillian Michaels, cardio, dance, yoga, pilates, 3 minute workouts...) right there on my tv to use anytime for free.

Hope you figure something out. Even if it's just walking in place while watching a tv show. I watch the Biggest Loser show, and would just walk in place for the entire first hour, sometimes both when I was feeling great. You could also do other movements during commercials (1st commercial do crunches, 2nd commercial do lunges, 3rd commercial use soup cans to do bicep curls). Whatever it takes!

Good luck!
  • timechange
    Options
    All the above posts are great - Wii Fit, Workout videos (my favorite is Denise Austin Boot Camp), gyms with daycares, and drinking LOTS of water all sound like great ideas!

Welcome back to the site and good luck! The people in here are very supportive, so definitely get involved in the Community Posts! :smile:
  • timechange
    Options
    oh, and your baby is absolutely adorable! :flowerforyou:
  • brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I really appreciate it. I'm hoping I can be successful at this, so I'm going to give it my best shot.