Tips That Has Worked For Me

Options
Chewing a teeth cleaning gum like Orbit and then drinking a cola soda will make it taste horrible. This will help folks like me who had a serious Pepsi habit. I hate colas now. Very Pavlovian.

Do not buy clothes in your present size unless absolutely necessary, especially if you have plenty of clothes that serve their purpose. If you are buying clothes in your present size, and planning on keeping them, then you are kidding yourself about losing weight. When I did not buy a size 22 pants suit for $20 that was once $120, I knew I was on my way to better health. Pregnant ladies know this mindset very well. At 9 months pregnant, very few pregnant ladies are shopping for maternity clothes no matter what the price.

Do not put away clothes you have that are a little tight or snug on you. Don't put them on, since that will make you feel bad. Put the clothing somewhere where you can still see them as a motivation. Putting them away is sort of like admitting that you will not lose weight. Of course if you have limited space, you may have to put the item away. Take a photo of it/them and e-mail it to yourself.

Replies

• MimosaRosa
    MimosaRosa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Chewing a teeth cleaning gum like Orbit and then drinking a cola soda will make it taste horrible. This will help folks like me who had a serious Pepsi habit. I hate colas now. Very Pavlovian.

Do not buy clothes in your present size unless absolutely necessary, especially if you have plenty of clothes that serve their purpose. If you are buying clothes in your present size, and planning on keeping them, then you are kidding yourself about losing weight. When I did not buy a size 22 pants suit for $20 that was once $120, I knew I was on my way to better health. Pregnant ladies know this mindset very well. At 9 months pregnant, very few pregnant ladies are shopping for maternity clothes no matter what the price.

Do not put away clothes you have that are a little tight or snug on you. Don't put them on, since that will make you feel bad. Put the clothing somewhere where you can still see them as a motivation. Putting them away is sort of like admitting that you will not lose weight. Of course if you have limited space, you may have to put the item away. Take a photo of it/them and e-mail it to yourself.
  • oohsooperfect1
    oohsooperfect1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree last spring I was working on dropping a couple pound for a vacation in August, I ought some bikini bottoms and hung them up like that they do on that yogurt commerical. I lost 18lbs before I became pregnant and there were my dreams for a bikini body (or my version) But I think that you are right on the money.
  • Breezerbri83
    Breezerbri83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I could use some great ideas about dropping some weight!!!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just thrift shop so I can have nice clothes at any point in my weight loss. I wear mostly a-line dresses, and they tend to last longer because I only have to worry about fitting on top. Since I'm top-heavy, that's where I tend to lose weight the slowest, so win-win.