Folding Towels

Options
I fold towels at work, When i say fold towels. I mean lots of towels even really heavy ones. It is very repetitive, it could be deemed exercise, because most of the time it takes atleast an hour or two of work. Anyone know how to calculate how much calories that would be?

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't count it as exercise, that would just be an excuse to eat more. set your profile to lightly active to cover the routine of your day.
  • CreepyOne
    CreepyOne Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I like folding towels at home lol
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I have to agree. I dont count any of the cleaning activies as exercise either.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it.. but if you really wanted to, get an HRM to see how much you're burning.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I wouldn't count it.. but if you really wanted to, get an HRM to see how much you're burning.

not to sound like a tard....but what is an HRM?! I see it all over this site
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    "Tard"? Nice.

Regardless, HRM = heart rate monitor.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    "Tard"? Nice.

Regardless, HRM = heart rate monitor.

Thank ya :)

I thought it was one of those fancy jawbone crap that you wear around your wrist to take in all your data
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You can count cleaning calories if you like. I do. Some don't. I would log that as "cleaning, light."
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Your decision as to whether you count this as extra caloric burn during your day will affect the number of calories that MFP allots to you. if you're looking to lose weight by having a calorie deficit, then it's best to underestimate your calories burned and overestimate your calories ingested.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If it's a regular activity - not something you're putting yourself out to do, it would be my opinion not to count it. For example, if I am cleaning my house - sweat dripping and all - I don't count it. If I'm moving and carrying boxes all day up three flights of stairs, I count it.

But you can make any decision you would like, of course!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    If it's a regular activity - not something you're putting yourself out to do, it would be my opinion not to count it. For example, if I am cleaning my house - sweat dripping and all - I don't count it. If I'm moving and carrying boxes all day up three flights of stairs, I count it.

But you can make any decision you would like, of course!

whenever i see you post I feel like I should agree with you.....or at least not disagree.....

that picture is very intimating :blushing: