Couch to 5k calories?

Options
Hey, I was wondering how people doing this calculate the calories for each stage of the program. I'm starting next week- terrified but excited too

Replies

• TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering how people doing this calculate the calories for each stage of the program. I'm starting next week- terrified but excited too
  • lor04311916
    Options
    program ?:smile:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have calculated calories all along, but the energy you spend and the rate at which your heart works will be so different to what I spend and how hard my body is working.

Your fitness level, your weight, your age, and so much more contribute to how your body burns calories--all variables from person to person.

My advice: get a heart-rate monitor. If you are serious and can afford one, that would really (REALLY) be best. Just ask anyone who owns one... we all say "worth every penny." And then you take the guess work out, because it is accurate to fit just you.

Cheers:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Hi TudorRose welcome:flowerforyou: fellow countryman, I do not understand what calories you need to calculate, just put all your details ie; weight, height , how much weight you would like to lose weekly and MFP :heart: will do the rest for you.
    Have you read all the links for newbies:bigsmile: , they are very informative and a great deal of help on your journey:smooched:.
    There is nothing to be terrified about :noway: just go with the plan set out for you and be honest with yourself :heart:, try logging your daily meals ahead of time:bigsmile: that way you will know how many calories you have over OR how much more excercise you need to do to afford a small treat:flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    Take one day at a time and SMILE :bigsmile: you have started your journey to a new healthier,fitter YOU.
  • TudorRose
    Options
    Can't afford anything at the moment :grumble:
    Yeah, Laura, it's a running program, gets you running 5k in 9 weeks. Yes, I'm mad. Boot me out of the house 3 times a week to do it, hmm?
  • TudorRose
    Options
    Hi TudorRose welcome:flowerforyou: fellow countryman, I do not understand what calories you need to calculate, just put all your details ie; weight, height , how much weight you would like to lose weekly and MFP :heart: will do the rest for you.
    Have you read all the links for newbies:bigsmile: , they are very informative and a great deal of help on your journey:smooched:.
    There is nothing to be terrified about :noway: just go with the plan set out for you and be honest with yourself :heart:, try logging your daily meals ahead of time:bigsmile: that way you will know how many calories you have over OR how much more excercise you need to do to afford a small treat:flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    Take one day at a time and SMILE :bigsmile: you have started your journey to a new healthier,fitter YOU.

Thanks, I've actually been here a few weeks, and everyone's been as friendly and as welcoming as you :bigsmile: The calories I want to figure out are for a running training program I'm about to start on. And now Lor, my housemate knows, so I have no way out! :laugh: I'm a running virgin, hence the terror. (Okay, I lie. Not virgin. But I like to forget the humiliation of sports days at school, thank you.)
  • lor04311916
    Options
    ha i shall definatly be booting you out lol :smile: i haven't actually seen or heard you tonight where have you been ? lol
  • TudorRose
    Options
    It's Mum's birthday, I'm at home :laugh: You were out when I left- I'm sure I'd mentioned it to you at some point...
  • lor04311916
    Options
    oh right prob lol wish her a happy birthday x
  • TudorRose
    Options
    I would, but she's asleep. I'm going nuts with a spreadsheet to figure this program out. It's not working, I don't think