Body Sculpting Bible - Calorie Cycling

Options
I've been mostly following the Body Sculpting Bible for Women for my workouts - I'm still doing the break-in routines right now for the exercises - but in about another two months I should be worked up to tackle the main program. Its set to cycle out the workouts - changing them up every 2 weeks so the body won't adjust and plateau.

Here's where the calorie cycling comes in (and why I posted this under the food and nutrition section). In the nutrition section I read that one should do that with calorie intake as well. Cycle out your calorie allowance every two weeks. It outlines a plan (with a good balance of protein, carbs and fats), to start off with 2 weeks at 1200 calories total (even with the workouts), and then the next two weeks at 1500 calories. And because not everyone is the same, it also outlines how to adjust this to the individual so that one doesn't lose too much weight (if the metabolism is faster) or gain too much weight (if the metabolism is slower).
I'm going to be following this plan for the next 2 months I think, to test it out, in conjunction with the book's workout plans (3 days of weight training, 3 alternating days of cardio, and 1 rest day).
I'm curious to know if anyone else uses this book for their workouts, and if so, if they follow the nutritional outline of caloric cycling, as well?

I first found the book courtesy of one of my friends. We hadn't seen each other for a while - and when she came out for my wedding she was in phenomenal shape - toned muscles, slimmed out... I asked what program she was following (we were both active duty military - and I'd just gotten out)... she pointed me to the book and said she follows the plans religiously and the results were as shown. When I do start to follow the book, I have seen improvement... I've just never stuck with it till now. (I'm on the end of week 3 doing the break-in workouts - And I'm planning to actually keep up with it this time, as well as include the nutritional program outlined).

Replies

• SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly following the Body Sculpting Bible for Women for my workouts - I'm still doing the break-in routines right now for the exercises - but in about another two months I should be worked up to tackle the main program. Its set to cycle out the workouts - changing them up every 2 weeks so the body won't adjust and plateau.

Here's where the calorie cycling comes in (and why I posted this under the food and nutrition section). In the nutrition section I read that one should do that with calorie intake as well. Cycle out your calorie allowance every two weeks. It outlines a plan (with a good balance of protein, carbs and fats), to start off with 2 weeks at 1200 calories total (even with the workouts), and then the next two weeks at 1500 calories. And because not everyone is the same, it also outlines how to adjust this to the individual so that one doesn't lose too much weight (if the metabolism is faster) or gain too much weight (if the metabolism is slower).
    I'm going to be following this plan for the next 2 months I think, to test it out, in conjunction with the book's workout plans (3 days of weight training, 3 alternating days of cardio, and 1 rest day).
    I'm curious to know if anyone else uses this book for their workouts, and if so, if they follow the nutritional outline of caloric cycling, as well?

I first found the book courtesy of one of my friends. We hadn't seen each other for a while - and when she came out for my wedding she was in phenomenal shape - toned muscles, slimmed out... I asked what program she was following (we were both active duty military - and I'd just gotten out)... she pointed me to the book and said she follows the plans religiously and the results were as shown. When I do start to follow the book, I have seen improvement... I've just never stuck with it till now. (I'm on the end of week 3 doing the break-in workouts - And I'm planning to actually keep up with it this time, as well as include the nutritional program outlined).
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, let us know if it works.