Things you see during your run?

Options
BenKnowsFitness
BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
I regularly run a 6 mile course at a local park. No matter when I go, there is always something of interest along my route. Today it was a woman who was clearly training for a marathon. She was decked out from head to toe in Olympic quality athletic wear and was cruising along at 10mph with no signs of fatigue.

What kind of stuff do you see during your run?

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Since I run on the treadmill at the gym (it's winter and i live in colorado), besides the sweat in my eyes, the row of ellipticals is in front of me and i find myself wondering just how hard the resistance is set on the person going balls out at 60mph without breaking a sweat.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I love when I see one shoe...which I have assumed a teenage boy is somehow involved. I love the elderly vigorously...they rock...I love when I see a dad cycling with his kids.....I love when I am marathon training and out for LONG runs and I ...blue ehrons are pretty gangly and somehow royal..observe the wildlife, chipmunks are cuter than squirrels, cyclists wear cool shirts but you can't read them as they are bent over
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hate posting from my phone...the elderly couple walking vigorously while holding hands. Oh herons not ehrons
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran by a cold, wild and stormy Atlantic ocean. I ran within 15 feet of a spike horn buck who showed no fear and was accompanied on part of my run by a curious red fox who kept pace with me. Simply put...awesome.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    The wall. I stare at the wall during my whole run. I am too focused on the run and dazed off listening to music.
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    we go to town lake sometimes. i see swans and ducks there and people feeding them bread. they also have a statue of stevie ray vaughn. he is from austin apparently.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    - roadkill. Possums, raccoons, and cats.
    - a Hasidic Jewish family that walks regularly. The whole family.
    - an adult walker chained to a bus stop pole
    - cops doing speed checks
    - old people
    - a power line, loaded with pigeons, that goes RIGHT over the sidewalk
    - abandoned properties from our mega-busted housing bubble
    - traffic
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    saw a woman breastfeeding a baby...(just kidding! in case you missed it, there's two threads with over 600 replies in less than 24 hours about this topic)
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mostly just roadkill and cornfields.
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    the beach!!!
    people doing yoga in the grass
    boardwalk and warf
    all the "MILTLL" (mother i'd like to look like) walking their dogs or running
    volleyball players
    and soo many people still home from the holidays
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    When my body allows it..... bums, lots of bums. Also lots of cars because I run along the major highway.... well the only highway in Key West, lol. I also get to see people golfing. Oh, and i can't forget my dog's *kitten* either!! Lol.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    -The lake... I live right down the street from it so all my routes have spectacular views
    -People fishing
    -Teenagers who have a tendency to laugh at me (fat lady running is funny apparently)
    -Drivers who blatantly ignore crosswalks and people in crosswalks
    -Kids playing basketball
    -Lots of loud dogs
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    more things…

- A 5 K race coming right at me, everyone acted confused as I ran right through them in the opposite direction.
    - Found myself in the middle of a boot camp group that was running a 1 mile run on a 6% grade. They were clapping and cheering for me as I blew past the finish line and continued my run.
    - A runner decked out in tea party garb
    - 32 degs out, people running a race with crying babies in strollers
    - Dog trying to get me
    - Dear running full speed across track
    - Snake
    - Dog Crap with shoe print
    - Asian running club (huge group)- they follow up the run with church
    - Kid holding dog that wanted to attack me. He did a good job.
    - Girls meeting boys in an secluded area near dusk
    - Gun shots
    - Squirrel fight (it was a good one)
    - Turtle
    - Stray Cats choking on something
    - Kids get out and play event- they had a 0.6 mile run with kids, moms, and dads. Most of them slowed to a walk at the 0.1 mile mark.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    i ran to work last year and remember seeing a guy cycling to work. With a broken leg. In plaster. Stretched out in front of him. Was SOOOOO temped to tip him over ....
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't run but I do walk...

Things seen:

deer
    elk
    coyotes
    turkey...lots
    scat
    cows

Things I don't want to see:
    Cougers
    Wolves

Which we have both of...thank goodness the bears are sleeping.
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use a treadmill, so I'm either watching Netflix on the computer in front of it, or closing my eyes and listening to music. =)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    There is a squirrel who must be fed or something. I always encounter him at the same house and he ain't scared. He'll just stand there in the middle of the sidewalk until the last minute or run alongside me for a few steps before he goes up the tree. He never fails to freak me out. :noway:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My kids riding their bikes in my driveway.
    My youngest running with flowers she picked from my precious Morning Glories, hibiscus, and Freesias.
    Birds.
    The street number of my neighbors across the street.

The other day I ran at the Marine base. Apparently everyone is getting ready for physical fitness testing. :noway:
    Holy crowded track :grumble:
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    Cows, and the occasional deer. I can run 5 miles and never see a car. Simply awesome!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    saw a woman breastfeeding a baby

bahahahaha.....

that was good...

was she drinking milk too?