Just Joined

Options
2»

Replies

• Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone that just joined! As people have been saying, drink a lot of water, add motivational friends, and if you feel up to it, you should join a challenge. There are lots of challenges and I love them because they keep me focused. Also, log everything you eat into your diary, even if it makes you go over. You have to be honest, because if you aren't, you are only hurting yourself and won't see results or they won't be as much as you would like. Once you start losing the weight, it will be a lot easier. Good luck!

You can add me if you like! =)
  • HAWKGRL
    HAWKGRL Posts: 14
    Options
    I am new too, please feel free to add me. We can do this together! Good Luck on your journey!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Welcome all NEWBIES!!! I've been here 351 days!

Here are my tips:

Log every day (and everything you eat - even wedding receptions, birthdays, holidays, and those OOPSIES! days).

Drink lots of water

Eat lots of lean protein (1 gm per pound of lean body mass - if you don't know your lean body mass, eat 1 gm per lb of body weight - the extra won't hurt you).

Eat lots of fiber (at least 35 grams of day)

Those 3 things will keep you satisfied, and keep you eating healthy by default and you will shed the fat.

Lastly

Get moving - at least 30 minutes of cardio, 3 x a week and strength training on the other days (lift the HEAVIEST weights you can).

Rest - get at least 7 or more hours of sleep each night.

Good luck! Stick with it, you'll back slide, just keep chugging along - you've got the rest of your life to get there, so NEVER give up. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!