Lifting Heavy

Options
I'm been lifting for awhile but just recently started lifting more consistently. I'd like to start lifting heavy and have been doing a lot of research. I just recently ordered the book New Rules of Lifting for Women and I've changed up my diet as well. I switched from 1/2 lb/week to maintenance. I have also upped my protein intake.

Any tips for a newbie?

Also, feel free to send a friend request as I'm always looking for like-minded friends.

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    good idea...but GO SLOW....dont overdue it....google search...have fun....chart your progress....keep it simple with a few basic lifts...get adequate rest.....adequate protein
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    carrie got in before me. I'm in that group too. Its really a helpful group. I like the book, but there some paradigm shifts with his stance on running and how much to eat. I still have fat I want to lose, so it is hard for me to trust and up the calories to where they are recommended in the book. But, I had some weeks off because of being sick. Before that, I was getting some great visible results, and I truly don't care what the scale says. I think its a good program. It feels good to be strong.
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I joined the group and I'm hoping the book will come in the mail soon. I was really struggling to lose the last 6 lbs. Then I realized that I should not worry so much about the number on the scale. I'm fitting into clothes I haven't fit into since high school although I'm at a higher weight. Thanks for your help, everyone!