what types of exercises do you do?

MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I was just wondering what types of exercises you all do? I do the stationary exercise bike, Walk Away the Pounds With Water Weights by Leslie Sansone. I am looking for some new types of exercises to do, so I was just wondering that would be good for a beginner, or the next level. If you do exercise dvd's which ones? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    I was just wondering what types of exercises you all do? I do the stationary exercise bike, Walk Away the Pounds With Water Weights by Leslie Sansone. I am looking for some new types of exercises to do, so I was just wondering that would be good for a beginner, or the next level. If you do exercise dvd's which ones? Thanks in advance.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Right now I do treadmill. Starting next week I will be interval training. My aunt is helping me put a program together.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Here is the exercises that I do: brisk walking outside(weather permitting) walk/run on my treadmill, stationary bike, weight machine, jump rope, snowshoeing (just started this year and I LOVE it!) and I began the Biggest Loser Bootcamp Workout a month ago. I also have a few other Yoga/Pilates DVD that I do but my favourite DVD is the BL Workout one. It is a great workout:bigsmile:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    the only exercise i do is the elliptical :blushing:

i am so boring with my exercise, the elliptical is the only fitness equipment i own,

hopefully i can get some tips too! :heart:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Watp, Hip hop Abs,Biggest loser,Jillian Michaels, and Im hoping to eventually get fit enough for P90X
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    I do yoga, the fat burning one, some pilated and recently jazzercise. On the weekends I do some weights at the gym.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Running, right now on the treadmill because it is 20 below here. Recumbent bike, 30 day Shred, Turbo Jam. I also use free weights and an exercise ball.
  • i luv the elliptical!:love: but i should prolly switch it up soon:grumble:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    What equipment do you need for the BL Bootcamp work out video?
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    What equipment do you need for the BL Bootcamp work out video?
    [/quote

Mostly just handweights:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    thanks for all of those, I am looking for some new workouts, I get bored very easy, so I am going to try some of those, I don't have room for a treadmill though:cry:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    bump, I want to see some more, if there are any more.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Right now I am doing Taebo advanced immediately followed by with 1mile or 2 mile WATP twice a week. I do WATP 3 or 4 mile and Hip Hop Abs the other days. I also do intervals on treadmill.

I have done the first Biggest Loser work out and the Kathy Smith Super Slimdown Circuit.

I went to curves today but I don't like it. The only part I liked is the stepper and the equipment you do squats on.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Right now I am doing Taebo advanced immediately followed by with 1mile or 2 mile WATP twice a week. I do WATP 3 or 4 mile and Hip Hop Abs the other days. I also do intervals on treadmill.

I have done the first Biggest Loser work out and the Kathy Smith Super Slimdown Circuit.

I went to curves today but I don't like it. The only part I liked is the stepper and the equipment you do squats on.

sounds like you have the exercise thing down. I am a beginner, or the next level. I wish that I had a treadmill, I just don't have room for one.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    WATP probably did more for my thighs than anything I have done.. even the treadmill (besides the taebo). A lot of the DVDs I've done I've found in the library. Also try the goodwill -they have stuff for a dollar- and freecycle.

sounds like you have the exercise thing down. I am a beginner, or the next level. I wish that I had a treadmill, I just don't have room for one.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    WATP probably did more for my thighs than anything I have done.. even the treadmill (besides the taebo). A lot of the DVDs I've done I've found in the library. Also try the goodwill -they have stuff for a dollar- and freecycle.

thanks so much, I will
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    I had a hot yoga class this morning at 8, followed by an hour of weight circuit training, then I hoped next door, and took on an interval cardio step class...which I just love, my HRM let me know I burned 782 calories for that class alone! then I hoped on to the elliptial for 40 minutes..i'm pooped, but I get sooo psyched with all the classes, I just wanna do them all! :happy:

and I have a secret agenda, it's one of childrens b-days today and I wanna enjoy a meal without guilt, I wan't a STEAK DAMMIT!! :bigsmile:
  • I love the elliptical machines...I am normally a runner and enjoy running outside but here in ny with the COLD weather i have been forced to stay in at the gym and can not stand the treadmill for long distances!! So i use the elliptical, which is easy on your knees and makes me feel kind of like I am dancing! :smile: I wouldnt actually say it is fun...but I do find it to be one of my favorite cardio machines.
    Sometimes I also will do 10 to 15 min per machine (ie bike, treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, etc) for about 3 cycles, so anywhere from 30-45 min. This also alleviates the boredom of indoor cardio for me!

For weights, I tend to use all the machines they have. I rarely use free weights because I fear I will do it wrong.

I think the best thing to do to workout is to mix it up! Either bring a friend, change the songs on the ipod, get outside, whatever it takes to make the workouts enjoyable and rewarding!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    I had a hot yoga class this morning at 8, followed by an hour of weight circuit training, then I hoped next door, and took on an interval cardio step class...which I just love, my HRM let me know I burned 782 calories for that class alone! then I hoped on to the elliptial for 40 minutes..i'm pooped, but I get sooo psyched with all the classes, I just wanna do them all! :happy:

and I have a secret agenda, it's one of childrens b-days today and I wanna enjoy a meal without guilt, I wan't a STEAK DAMMIT!! :bigsmile:

wow, that would kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job. what kind of hrm do you have?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    I love the elliptical machines...I am normally a runner and enjoy running outside but here in ny with the COLD weather i have been forced to stay in at the gym and can not stand the treadmill for long distances!! So i use the elliptical, which is easy on your knees and makes me feel kind of like I am dancing! :smile: I wouldnt actually say it is fun...but I do find it to be one of my favorite cardio machines.
    Sometimes I also will do 10 to 15 min per machine (ie bike, treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, etc) for about 3 cycles, so anywhere from 30-45 min. This also alleviates the boredom of indoor cardio for me!

For weights, I tend to use all the machines they have. I rarely use free weights because I fear I will do it wrong.

I think the best thing to do to workout is to mix it up! Either bring a friend, change the songs on the ipod, get outside, whatever it takes to make the workouts enjoyable and rewarding!

I wish that I could afford to go to the gym but right now I can't
This discussion has been closed.