P90X starting 1/1/12

Options
I have been on MFP for 9 months, lost 53 pounds and I have got into decent shape by doing lots of running. I am taking it to the next level on 1/1 and starting P90x. I would love to have some people on here that could start this together, and support each other.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    its great...dont get discouraged...set specific times each day that you will do it...get into that routine as much as possibe...the guys and gals doing it on the tape are in top shape so remember they had to start somewhere also...eat clean as you can..just keep hitting play
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I just started p90x on tuesday, but I'm doing the lean schedule because I just don't like spending that much time out of the week doing strength training, and I love cardio. I'm also incorporating training for a 10k run in there too because I can't stand only doing strength in a day, I need cardio daily.

I am excited because I like the workouts and Tony so I'm excited to see the results!
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday (classic version - chest/back/abs). As a result I am very sore today and expect to extremely sore tomorrow. Plyometrics next. It's been awhile since I've done pushups and chinups.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just got the dvds today.... Does this system actually work?

I signed up to do a Tough Mudder in April.. Will this program get me physically ready for Tough Mudder?

I need something that will get me in the best shape ever....from what I have heard this is the way to go, correct?

Paul
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I've done P90X twice last year along with running since I was training for a couple races. It's unbelievable what it's done for my running. I've also done Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme. Beachbody has yet to disappoint me. I just got P90X2 and I'm in my 3rd week now. P90X2 takes P90X to the next level by putting the focus on agility, balance and mobility. In P90X2 you use medicine balls and a stability ball for a lot of the moves. So far I love it. Good luck!
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    P90X grad here (times2). I'm doing P90X2/PUMP starting 1/1/12 :) Can't WAIT! You'll love it! Yes, it should get you ready for the TM however, get your running in, too! My husband used P90X on his x-train/strength training days for his marathons.

Which TM are you doing? Hubby is signed up for April in OH. Same one????

Message me if you have any questions and feel free to friend me for support!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    yes it works - if you work it. :)

That means:
    - good nutrition -you do not have to follow the P90X plan, or eat all clean. But use common sense, moderation, good choices
    -enough protein (very important), I aim for 1 gram per pound of lean body weight
    -enough calories, i.e. don't cut your calories to short, which will prevent the muscle changes you want
    -push play everyday, and truely give it your all, if you must modify, that's fine, but do push yourself, no slacking
    -lift heavy weights, bump up heavier as soon as you are reasonably able, makes a big difference. (even for women)

I have completed P90X 7 times, am doing version 2 now. My best results were when I did all of the above.

When I slacked on any of the above, my results were less nice.

I do classics or doubles for most noticeable results.

Lost 20 lbs on my last round, using MFP.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Here is a group starting P90X on Sunday.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1603-p90x-2012
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm starting then too - kinda scared, lol.
  • coachweaver
    Options
    I love all the support. Sounds like there are a few people taking on the P90X challenge. Regarding the Tough Mudder and P90X: I definately think this will help you gear up for the obstacles in the course, I would recommend spending some time running as well just to make sure your cardio gets some attention too :0) I did a similar course last year called the Rugged Maniac and all summer I ran a 5k with a few hills and strength trained, the obstacle course went great for my first time. Good luck and have fun, it is such a great experience!
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    P90X grad here (times2). I'm doing P90X2/PUMP starting 1/1/12 :) Can't WAIT! You'll love it! Yes, it should get you ready for the TM however, get your running in, too! My husband used P90X on his x-train/strength training days for his marathons.

Which TM are you doing? Hubby is signed up for April in OH. Same one????

Message me if you have any questions and feel free to friend me for support!

Awesome!!! I'm doing the one in April in OH...that's the closest to me since they haven't come to MI yet. I'll see your husband there!