NSV - Teen Clothing Store Shopping!

Options
So back when I was in college and actually wanted to dress...um, younger than I currently am, I couldn't shop in places like Wet Seal, Charlotte Rouse, Forever 21 etc. because their clothes run small and petite. I may have gotten into a couple of their tops every once in awhile but that was it.

Well today while doing some clothes shopping for work (and play), I stopped by one of those teeny bopper places with the trendy small running sizes just to see if I could fit anything there. Well, well, well. I happened upon 2 dresses that I found amazingly cute for a date or out with friends and I tried them on. They fit extremely well and I looked [surprisingly] great in them! After I looked at myself for an hour in amazement, I cried. Yes, in my fitting room. I was sooo happy.

I texted my teenage brother telling him that I can fit into their clothes now and he texts me back asking why an almost 30 year old woman wanted to shop in such a place anyway:grumble:. After I swiftly yelled at him for accusing a 27 year old woman (who looks closer to 20, hehe) of being almost 30, I explained that it's not me wanting to shop there; it's that I can. Such an amazing feeling.

I found this to be the ultimate NSV for me because the major reason I even decided to lose weight was to be able to wear cuter dresses and I couldn't find many cute ones when I was bigger. Now, the length of their dresses are a different story...

TL;DR version: I can now shop at stores that sell clothes that run small that I used to complain about before!:happy:

Replies

• angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Way to go!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. It's a great feeling.

When I first lost weight, I was about 26, I tried on a juniors dress that looked like it belonged on a 16 year old. But it FIT. And looked cute. I bought it, and loved wearing it.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My mom always called those stores "little asian stores" because she said those were the only people who could wear those sizes! :noway:
  • Sho_Rowell
    Sho_Rowell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with u girl and loving every minute of it! U keep up the good work... U have done an amazing job thus far and deserve to be proud of urself! Such an inspiration!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with u girl and loving every minute of it! U keep up the good work... U have done an amazing job thus far and deserve to be proud of urself! Such an inspiration!

Thanks honey! <3

Thanks to all for your replies!:smile:
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Love it! I had a similar experience recently and I'm with you on the crying in the dressing room thing. I was embarrassed that my 11 year old daughter had to see that :) And I'm 40, so I totally should NOT be trying on clothes in one of those stores LOL. But I just had to see if I could :)'

Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!