HElp

Options
I am craving chocolate. I know where cookies are.. I want talked out of it. I know i should eat an apple. The apples here are not too sweet.

Replies

• kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I actually keep m&ms on hand for this and if I eat a small handful (7-8) it is A LOT better than eating a whole 100+ calorie cookie.

Also, I cut apples into slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and heat in microwave, delicious!!
  • missbertie
    Options
    Quaker makes mini rice cakes in chocolate flavor. They smell wonderfully chocolate and taste great. I find a couple of these help when I'm having chocolate cravings. BE STRONG! :love:
  • Ruz456
    Ruz456 Posts: 99
    Options
    I heard a quote recently saying "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" keeping this in mind has really helped me to fight through cravings, if you REALLY are craving somethings sweet I recommend getting sugar free jello (10 calories a snack) with some fat free whipped cream (5 calories per serving, 2 tablespoons) or you can get sugar free jello pudding in a whole different bunch of flavors (60 calories per snack)

Hopefully this has been helpful and good luck!
  • Kathi_S
    Kathi_S Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try the microwaved apples with cinnamon and a touch of brown sugar... it isn't chocolate, but it usually resolves my cravings.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle cinnamon on the apples. Or if you really, really want chocolate, melt a little and dip your apple in it. :)

Even better if you have dark, dark chocolate to dip it in. :) That's what I usually do. Nothing better than fruit dipped in dark chocolate....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up chocolate. I just savor it longer. Let it melt in your mouth and enjoy every second of it. That way I have a good time eating it, but don't have to eat a lot of it.

Apples are tastey, too though. You can dip them in peanut butter and get some good protein along with the fiber and fructose. :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I keep a gallon of 1% chocolate milk in the fridge for my end of the day treat with a
    handful of Almonds. I get my chocolate fix everyday plus the benefits from the milk. I am a type 2 diabetic so I need little something before bed to get me through til morning and this does the trick.
  • Kaison02
    Options
    Thank you for all your help. I fell into my cravings and ended up messing up my whole day by finishing it off with wendys. I know I should not have. my stomach ended up convincing my head since I cheated a little some more wont help. I did stay under calories but didnt stay under sodium.