Your Must Have Phone Apps for Fitness & Exercise

Options
I've been trying to find useful apps on my phone for not only keeping track of workouts but even something like a pedometer and more. I'd like to know what your must have phone apps are besides MFP.

Things to keep in mind before posting:
- I have an Android
- I am cheap, so it better be a free app (Unless you truly love the app you pay for- tell me more about it.)
- Apps must be about health and fitness (I'm not looking for gaming apps)

Things to chat about:
- Apps you can not live without
- Apps you do not like
- Pros & Cons to apps you list... or other apps people list
- Edmondo
- RunKeeper
- Daniel Miller's "Daily ____ Workout" apps ( Ab, Butt, Arm, Cardio, and Leg- how come these are not just all in one app... kind of annoying.)
- Please feel free to rave or rant about any apps you have tried!

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My must haves are MFP and the Runkeeper app. I use these a ton.

Another nice to have is a restaurant meal calorie app. (lots of those out there)
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So far I have MFP and C25K. Love the idea of a restaurant calorie counter, though.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Jefit has a free version for android and is great for tracking strength training.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have and use mfp
    I like runkeeper-on the computer. the ap not so much. I've been using mapmyrun and I like it, because it uses gps to track my mileage run/walk/bike and uploads to the website....but it seems to be draining/killing my battery.....

so I'm still looking for a good mobile ap to track workouts/runs
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper, Nike+, Nike Training, Couch 25k and Bridge 210k.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have CardioTrainer to track my outdoor workouts (runs and mountain biking) but its not getting used much right now. The weather here hasn't permitted much outdoor exercise (went from really hot to cold and rainy).
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I used C25K and am now using Bridge to 10K. LOVE them both. I love to run and these programs keep me focused and give me a structured program to keep me moving. I used the Getrunning app for C25K and I use Bridge to 10K (bluefin, I think) currently. They both allow you to use your own playlists and have audio prompts for when to walk/run/start/stop. The Getrunning app was like 99c and the Bridge to 10K was 2.99.
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i use the C25K app as well as mapmyrun and mapmyride
  • theberard
    theberard Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am all about the Phone fitness apps!

I have tried many, but here are the ones I go to the most:

FREE APPS:
    "MFP"
    "Skimble"
    Any or all of the "Daily Butt/Leg/Abs/Arms/Cardio/Ball Workout "
    "Pocket Yoga"
    "Instant Heart Rate Free" (just for measuring heart rate, no exercises)
    "Fitbit" (I have one so this works for me)
    "Nike BOOM" (this just gives you a time frame and allows you to play your music, so if you have memorized a routine it is good.)

PAID APPS:
    LOVE "Perfect Body" !!! It is my "go-to" app, I am really happy with this app.
    Daily Ab Workout
    Daily Ball Workout
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I only use Endomondo. It's digital perfection. Use it for all my workouts, have been for a year and a half, and I get to keep track of my progress in great detail.