Polar HRM Chest Strap

Options
So I've been having issues with my Polar HRM. It will suddenly drop down to 0 BPM, and be intermittent. I put in new batteries, and I cleaned the strap very thoroughly along with the contacts and yet I'm still having the same issue. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there another solution? Another strap is like $25.

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So I've been having issues with my Polar HRM. It will suddenly drop down to 0 BPM, and be intermittent. I put in new batteries, and I cleaned the strap very thoroughly along with the contacts and yet I'm still having the same issue. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there another solution? Another strap is like $25.

I'm having the same issue with my Polar HRM and have done the same things you have done.

Maybe someone could shed some light on this problem?:huh:
  • getalife9353
    getalife9353 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Be sure the straps contact area is moist before putting the stap on. This seems to be a bigger problem for me in cool weather. Purhaps my skin is just dryer in the winter.
  • sidhe31
    Options
    I've been having the same issue with my Polar strap lately as well. Getting the contact area completely wet seems to have solved it for the time being.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Sometimes mine does that because it rolls over. I have to make sure I have it wet and positioned in a way that it won't roll or twist around.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Moist it before you put on. I have the same problem with timex.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always run the mesh connectors on the strap under the sink before I put it on, but maybe by the time I get to the gym it's dry? I'll have to take it with me and do it there and see what happens.
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that issue with my Polar HRM (knock on wood ) but I do get it wet right before I use it, also I know mine had a warranty - I just had to keep the receipt and box. Have you checked out the warranty to seeif it is something that's covered?
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I have had this problem and have all but given up on HRMs of any sort. I have had almost no luck be it battery life issues or just not connecting or showing impossible calorie burns both high and low (seriously one time I rode my bike for an hour and it said I burned 80 calories. Might as well just give up and eat cheesecake at that rate...lol. Another HRM told me that i burned over a thousand calories in an hour of just walking at about 3 mph. COME ON!) but the polar one was the last one i tried and it was the one that gave me the bike results. I haven't had it long enough to have battery issues and i thought i was doing a pretty good job with wetting the connectors. I may give it another try after the new year but for the moment... i am frustrated by them.
  • TyatKU
    TyatKU Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've got the FT60, and sometimes my HR reads either at zero, or a crazy rate at like 230 for some reason. I do one of three things: Remove the transmitter and put it back on, restart the workout and/or make sure the strap is wet. Thankfully, these errors only occur at the start of the workout. Though rarely happens, its annoying.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes, I totally agree. I looked into other brands, but Polar seems the most realistic. Although HRMs are a great thing, I was hoping I could ween myself off it and do the exercise without having to worry if I'm creating a deficit. I've just chosen to work out longer than those days. But still, it'd be nice to have a working HRM. I do not have my original receipt, so I think I'll just have to bite the bullet and try a different strap first.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    oh no, I am currently awaiting my Polor HRM I just ordered from Amazon. I hope it's nothing big. /:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same trouble. All i do is run it under the tap, give the two meshy bits a good scrub, get the excess water off, and it works fine.

I didnt take care of it when i first got it, so maybe that caused mine to get like this earlier than most.
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem. I Have only had mine since July and only recently started using it. I would say i have worn it a grand total of 8x... and it will constantly say, "cannot connect" or lost connectivity and show me 0 and I am like, "What the heck". Wetting it does seems to help and make it less likely to do it. But it is annoying when you are in the middle of a good workout!