After Christmas Recycle Party

Options
djcon
djcon Posts: 216 Member
After Christmas some of my friends and I get together and recycle our worst Christmas gift. It has become an annual event and each year more are added to the list. It is so fun but the old saying goes: "someone else's trash is another's treasure" Does anyone do anything similar. I have also heard of ugliest Christmas sweater parties too.

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I like that idea better than just heading back tot he store to return the item, with the crowds that are doing so because they didn't get just the right item.

But no one ever gets canning lids / rings, mason jars... USUALLY not a dehydrator or breadmaker for Christmas either so not much for the pickings.

I'm working at cutting out clutter (useless / underused appliances, ie the 5 cup rice cooker, I don't need it anymore when the crock pot does the same job while also being able to cook beans, stew etc) so I either get practical items or gift cards for the places that I get the practical items at.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Pandorian: No, I have never heard of getting canning jar lids, mason jars , etc. but there is someone who would love that and love the rice cooker too. We have alot of fun at our after Christmas recycle party. Some of the most unusual, goddy, ridiculous, and hilarious gifts end up with someone who wants them. My Christmas season isn't complete until we have this party. The laughs get us through til the next year... I hope you try it! Once you have one it probably will become an annual event.