Stupid question

Options
OK, on the box that popcorn comes in, it says:
Serving Size 2 Tbsp unpopped (makes about 5 cups popped)

Servings per Bag: about 2.5

Now, doesn't this mean that 2 Tbsp makes 5 cups popped popcorn? Because when I log in the popcorn it is listed as 1 cup for a serving. Am I just misunderstanding?:blushing:

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    OK, on the box that popcorn comes in, it says:
    Serving Size 2 Tbsp unpopped (makes about 5 cups popped)

Servings per Bag: about 2.5

Now, doesn't this mean that 2 Tbsp makes 5 cups popped popcorn? Because when I log in the popcorn it is listed as 1 cup for a serving. Am I just misunderstanding?:blushing:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yes tbsp of unpopped makes 5 cups popped u can change the number it gives u in MFP if ur going to eat 5 cups replace the 1 for a 5 and it will do the math for u.I doubt your going to eat 5 cups though...but im still not sure i understand your question lol...or if i answered it correctly
  • kris2600
    Options
    :happy: I know the serving size for unpopped popcorn is 2 Tbsp. But how much does that make popped? The box says 5 cups but I don't know if that is meaning for the whole bag or for a serving. Either way, when I enter the food into my diary it will be wrong because it has a serving listed as 1 cup. If there are only 5 cups in the bag, then the serving size is 2 cups. If there is five cups in a serving, then obvisouly 1 cup isn't right. So I am just trying to find out how much popped popcorn is in one serving. Make sense?:happy:
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and enter your own information. Just click the button that says "enter a food not found" or whatever (right next to the search box).

2 tbsps makes 5 cups popped, so lets say the bag says it has 2.5 servings. That would mean 2.5 servings of 2 tbsps = 5 tbsp.

2 tbsp = 5 cups popped so the entire bag (5 tbsp) would be 12.5 cups popped.

Make sense?
  • kris2600
    Options
    It does Thank you so much plussized! I just didn't think that 10 cups could fit in a bag so that is what was throwing me off.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and enter your own information. Just click the button that says "enter a food not found" or whatever (right next to the search box).

2 tbsps makes 5 cups popped, so lets say the bag says it has 2.5 servings. That would mean 2.5 servings of 2 tbsps = 5 tbsp.

2 tbsp = 5 cups popped so the entire bag (5 tbsp) would be 12.5 cups popped.

Make sense?

you just reminded me how bad i hate math and math problems lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    It does Thank you so much plussized! I just didn't think that 10 cups could fit in a bag so that is what was throwing me off.

It really is hard to believe that is 10 cups. I understand.
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options

You just have to remember that the cups aren't jam packed cups, you know what I mean? If you poured the popcorn in a measuring cup, you'd be surprised how little it is because of all the empty spaces due to the shape of the popcorn.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    And this is why I eat 100 calorie bags of popcorn! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: