2,012 Miles in 2012

Options
2»

Replies

• janjtaylor
    Options
    This is how I have been logging my miles.....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208579463279936013990.0004b3a0073e565676326&msa=0

A friend of mine is a dedicated runner and she does the same thing (gave me the idea) but she does it on a real map. Each year she changes colors....

Thats pretty interesting. Do you just map a route from the miles that you did on your stationary? I never thought of that. I have a fan bike as well but it's very...manual...I guess I could say. Takes more work than at a gym but I guess that's a good thing haha

Yes, I decide which way to go and keep logging it....same with my friend who does it on the map.

For me it helps to visualize just how many miles I have completed....
  • mammafrog
    Options
    I read this yesterday and hesitated but then kept thinking about it. I am in!!! I will also be putting in some miles by cycling. I just started working out two days ago so why not start with a challenge
  • mammafrog
    Options
    I also meant to ask. What about what you get on your pedometer each day. Does that count.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    I also meant to ask. What about what you get on your pedometer each day. Does that count.
    it sure does. I don't know how many steps equals a mile but if you do go for it!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I'd like to join! I love keeping track of my mileage, but I'm not always diligent. This will give me some accountability.

Happy, healthy New Year!
  • dmstilwell
    dmstilwell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I dont know much about how to use these message boards, but i would like to join this challenge if you could please tell me how i can do that. I am always up to a challenge.
  • h0m36r0wn
    Options
    I'm down - but it would be mountain bike miles... :) in 2011 I just broke 700 (only counting from March to September) and was a little lazy so 2012 is a nice fat goal for me! Count me in!!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am not really interested in running a group, just because I know I cannot commit to that, but I would love to make some friends who are interested in taking on this challenge. I want to walk 2,012 miles in 2012. It comes out to about 5 and a half miles a day. I am open to communicating any way you would like, through emails/texts/IMs I just would like someone who I can message when I am not feeling like getting off my butt to do my miles for the day...and who knows maybe you will make a great friend out of it :)

Ok I am in I like run / walk so to do this will be no problem for me . Thank you for allowing me to participate . I wish everyone the best .
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this. Could you start a group and send out invites? I have 4 kids as well but my "baby" is about to turn13 so I know you are in for a fun journey! Thanks for taking this on.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    I decided to create a group after all....find us at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1661-2-012-in-2012