Just got here!

Wish I had this about a month ago! But here I am. What a great idea.

So I just had my 30th birthday and am ready to turn over a new phase in my life. I hit a high of 245lbs, at 5'9 I was a size 18. I was feeling sick all the time, I was working out and not loosing a single pound. Two months straight, nothing. So I gave up.

Recently found out I'm allergic to almost everything I was eating. Dairy, wheat/gluten, soy, sulfides, and a few vegetables like tomato, artichokes, garlic and black pepper. Been doing detox, killing the candida infestation in my intestines, taking probiotics and back on a multivitamin.

As soon as I took those out of my diet! Wow! What a difference. I feel amazing again.

So, now I'm pushing myself to get back into shape, loose the weight, and get back to what I was when i was in the Marines.

Good to be here!

Replies

• EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Hey, thank you for your service! Welcome to the site and good luck!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Welcome!

You will find lots of support on MFP - especially others with food allergies and intolerances.

Have fun kicking butt and getting back into shape :)
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Welcome you'll love this place and might find it addicting! Good luck on your journey and glad you found out what was causing you to feel ****ty!! :bigsmile:
  • Thanks everyone!

I'm totally addicted to food logging already. I like numbers, maybe it's the gamer in me.